Do I Stop and Drop

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Dionannan, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Dionannan

Dionannan Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    This is really bothering me.
    I drive, I'm happy nice to everyone, on time...then there is pay day!
    That 944 miles I drove, you know up around DC, through Manhattan and Connecticut; I rocked that route until I got paid for 894 miles. Payroll says "you CHOSE TO GO OUT OF ROUTE" ... Well no I did not!
    No one within the company wants to talk about it and to top it all off my Chek this week has the exact same route and it paid 932 miles.
    How do I correct payroll?
    Will it take dropping a load oh 12 to 50 miles from consignee to get their attention?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    I say do it, just so you can report back here and tell me how it goes

4. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    I agree lol always wanted to do that with my previous company they always shorted us 15-20% each zip to zip trip.

Not an issue now with my current company getting practical miles and a YTD variance of only 1.7%.

I say do it then tell how they liked it lol

5. Orangees

Orangees Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Iowa
    If this has been a consistent thing for you find a better company.

truckerlife74 Thanks this.
  6. Hyweighman

Hyweighman Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Pensacola, FL
    Try percentage you might do better

7. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    That is 5.25%
    2% is GREAT, 5% is GOOD, 8% is THE NORM, 12% is BOLOGNA. Figure it out for yourself....we all took math in High School.
    Math is your friend....and decision maker.
    The industry found a way to pay us....by the mile....miles vary. We can't change that, because nobody will stand together.

Awesome Possum Thanks this.
  8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That will certainly get their attention when the consignee calls demanding to know where their freight is.

Then, it is you who would be hit with the cost of the possible trailer impound fees and freight claim out of your last paycheck.

9. Dionannan

Dionannan Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I know I cannot just stop and drop if I wish to keep driving. It would ruin all I have worked so hard for. I am talking with numerous potential employers.
    I know companies 'fluff' (lie) a lot of things, but when it directly involves you, their driver, you would think a straight answer would be beneficial to everyone. I am learning I am wrong there too. :/
    Sure was a satisfying thought while it lasted.

Back to reading forums and learning the industry.

10. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft Lauderdale FL
    very true. this isn't the 70s-90s. Today we know exactly how far it takes to get from A to B. Miles should be paid hub based on the routing given, it only takes 5 minutes to project the route on google maps and see actual distance for both driver and dispatch.

11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I agree. Some companies pay practical miles. Also, think about going with a company that does long runs instead of too much of that short Northeast stuff.

It's not for everyone, but I'd think about doing some West Coast/Pacific Northwest runs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.