Do Security Guards look down on Truck drivers?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Aarrons, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Aarrons

Aarrons Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Or Vice versa, since security guards are the ones that truckers are in personal contact on a daily basis.

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Truckers are kept in cages constructed in every access door inside a VERY high dollar facility. In fact. Truckers are dirt to them. After a while they dont even want to see you get out of the cab and bring all papers to you.

When you come into McKesson in Memphis and view a warehouse full of schedule two and three Narcotics for injection to patients nation wide with millions of dollars on the floor, little wonder your precious security makes you stay outside.

4. purpleprime

purpleprime Medium Load Member

May 30, 2013
    spickard, mo
    I used to feel bad for security guards , especially the ones working the meat plants , most the time they are from a contracted security firm and not even employees of the plant, but are expected to deal with all the truck drivers and are only given limited information about loads ussually just it's ready or its not.
    Then the driver is pissed cause they can't answer his question , and the gaurd gets his arse chewed if he calls the shipping office

agent13 and Dominick253 Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That reminds me.

Meat Plants.

Let me tell you something. You go inside these places, as a white american? You are going to be discovering what it feels to be hated by a entire factory floor with illegals, minority and knife blades everywhere.

If you are smart, you stay the *&^^ outside Mister.

6. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    I had a pick up at Neovia Logistics in Columbus, OH today. Walked thru the door into this wide open enclave, no bullet proof glass, no heary hole, no paperwork slot, just three ladies and their computers... I actually asked if I had used the right egress. It felt strange, almost uncomfortable, to not be in a cage, or cut off by some other construct.

To the topic tho, I've met chill sec guards of all types (and colors); I've also met some I'd never want to meet again. The worst was an Osco / Jewel... a total D, with no reason, right out of the gate... I suppose, if you're into this sort of thing: who better to vent your frustrations on than the people you see most and an individual you may never see again? It's not cool by me, but I recognize there are many petty people out there.

agent13, Dominick253 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    You are trying to confuse a security guards personality or demeanor with a Non-Existant inferiority comparison between us and them.

Have you had a bad experience with a security guard?

8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Security to me is a useful asset. They know what to do with the trucker once you authenticate your presence, pickup order and rig number/company at the gaurd shack. Most of them are easy to get along with and know the best places for food locally.

The worst ones I generally do not see again. And good riddiance. Life must be hard for them to be that big of a ### imho...

S M D and Dominick253 Thank this.
  9. Aarrons

Aarrons Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2015
    No just wanted to know what is the consensus about the relationship

10. j_martell

j_martell Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Centre Wellington, Ontario
    For every miserable SOB guard I've met, I've found 2 nice ones. Most of the time it's how they're spoken too. I'm a pretty easy going guy....which helps

agent13 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  11. CruisingAlong

CruisingAlong Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Tampa , FL
    I guess it depends on how tall their chair is?

Mr Ed, Dharok, RedRover and 11 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.