Does Averitt really get you home every weekend?

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by DownToTruck, Mar 8, 2016.

1. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Go ahead and say what you would like too after I heal up I am done anyways

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    You WILL get home every weekend AT SOME POINT, unless you WANT to stay out for the weekend. Averitt will not push/coerce you into doing something you don't want to do.

Now I say at some point, cause hopefully you know that this is not a 9 to 5 job. Most weeks I am home sometime sat morning/early afternoon.

4. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Getting out of trucking or away from the company?
    I see a lot of guys leaving the truck for good anymore

5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Totally but am going to keep my CDL and endorsements up to date, speaking of that I am nearing my med card expiring and have to get an exemption form for it until I can heal.

6. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    Truck load is truck load. It is just about the same with any Co.Averitt tries to make it more comfortable than a lot of other companies, but in my opinion truck load is a pain in the a--!

7. CookieMomma

CookieMomma Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2016

8. justa_driver

justa_driver Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Tennessee
    I had the same experience with Averitt that Trooper did. They would get you home most weekends. I stayed out a few times for 2 but for the same reason trooper did. They were BIG on running legal- even said theyd fire the DM that run their trucks illegal while I was there. They were pretty good to the drivers (I got 3 raises the first year)but being a driver who was used to running 3000+ miles a week, I just could not get used to the cut in miles.

There were a lot of 20+ year drivers with them when I was there (and you dont stay with a company that long unless you like it- not in trucking) and I even worked with them (as head of shipping for another company) and never had a problem with the office crew back many years ago. They were pulling Doubles at that time I think?

I really believe if you start with them young and stick with them, there is plenty of room for advancement in the company. The owner himself started as a Dockworker with the company. When asked why he bought a trucking company, he replied "Cause I needed a job. Mr Averitt was retiring so that was going to put me out of work so I had to do something fast!" LOL

I had a great DM with many years of experience and there was mutual respect between the two of us for the entire time I was there. A lot of the drivers said he was hard to get along with but I never had a problem with him. His name was Jackie and if hes still there (probably retired by now) and you end up with him, you will have a hell of a DM as long as you do your job.

They have OTR, Linehaul, Regional and Local out of one of their many terminals so if you like local, its possible to work into it there- may take a while though. They also had pretty good benefits when I was there.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    chopper103in Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.