DONT EVER WORK FOR PANTHER!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by montazooma, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Antonio lee

Antonio lee Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2015
    Panther has been very Solid with Me. I've been driving for them over a year now fresh out of 5 months with Mabel trucking out of Eden, N.C. in which was my very first company I drove for. I'm a 1st time O/O with Panther and I must be honest. At first I wasn't making money like I was told I could make, then I starting talking to other experience Panther drivers and I learn the system and how they drive. I learned how to pick the right loads they offer and negotiate more money going into not so good areas that Panther don't have alot of frieght. It's a system over here. And your the business. Ask for the rate you feel your worth if you are in negotiations of a load. And don't over ask for bonuses when going to bad areas. I flat rate most my loads and I average 1.75 to 1.90 on loaded miles over here and thats long hauls 600 miles plus. We have a contracted rate of 1.40 a Mike loaded plus FSC. And now we get 1.00 a mile on all DH miles. I have good weeks and bad weeks like any other O/O..but, I must be honest... 3 weeks out the month as of the last 6 months in 2015, I average take home of 2300.00 to 2600.00 a week. And that's after my payment, insurance, and fuel is taken out. I pay myself 375.00 a week. I bank the rest. A bad week over here...800 to 1000.00. So you can make it over here. You just have to learn their system and make it work for you. Yeah, the dispatchers acted a ### a time or two...so you tell them what you need and move on or go above there head to there supervisor. Some of ya'll truckers are acting like it's all on the company. When we all went to the same orientation and heard the same ####. Be a boss and act like a boss. No one can run your business into the ground if you don't let them!!

Honest panther driver

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SouthernThunder

SouthernThunder Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Well, it seems we found your problem right here...

ttyson Thanks this.
  4. Antonio lee

Nov 19, 2015
    Montazooma, how about explaining your statement. What problem did you find.

5. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    All caps gets ones point across, Good job!

6. Antonio lee

Nov 19, 2015
    I mean Southernthunder explain?...bc I'm speaking on O/O over here. This Montazooma guy must've gotten jerkes by the fleet driver he was driver for bc I do well as a solo O/O over here.

7. SouthernThunder

SouthernThunder Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Oh... I was referencing the part where he said he "stuck it out for 6 months with almost no pay". I'm just wondering why somebody would stick with an employer who isnt paying you properly for six months. Thats a long time to be getting jerked around. Unless I'm misunderstanding what he meant by 'almost no pay'. I'd be gone from any company, in any industry, when I start getting IOU's instead of paychecks.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  8. Antonio lee

Nov 19, 2015
    I don't understand why a driver would knowingly too but obviously the fleet owner jerked him for his money. Panther Logistics is not responsible for paying him. Panther Logistics pays the fleet owner, the fleet owner pays his own drivers. Montazooma is blaming the wrong company, he should be digging in the fleet owners business pockets I tell all who ask me about panther the honest truth. If you a wanna drive over here and make money...drive for yourself. Don't want to do the paperwork, find a fleet owner. ..a reputable one

9. boatcat

boatcat Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2016
    Right on Brother.
    Same goes for Heavyweight Ent. Even worse than Panther.
    Please! Stay Away from this guy. He will make you all kinds of promises and then not follow through, every excuse in the book. "Andy" will keep the money you earned and jack you around.
    You will not be paid for your time. Also; do not make the mistake of spending ANY of your own money to get the job done, you will never see it again.

10. Nazareth Griffin

Nazareth Griffin Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Are you still at panther? I have a few questions if you have aome time

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.