DRY VAN INTERIOR??

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by areelius, Aug 28, 2015.

1. areelius

areelius Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Temecula Ca
    What are the advantages of a Dura Plate type interior over a plywood one? I do haul food and drinks a lot and have never been refused loading because of my plywood interior. I am in the market for another trailer and like the Dura Plate inside better than plywood. Do other manufacturers besides Wabash have a version of Dura Plate?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Every trailer manufacturer has composite lined material similar to Wabash duraplate. They call it plastic lined or by certain other trade names. I would choose it over plywood and never look back. It saves weight and is much more durable.

icsheeple, KB3MMX and areelius Thank this.
  4. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    utility 4000 dx is advertised as composite trailer but inside wall is not plastic lined. its a sheet of metal. Hyundai HI CUBE is logistic trailer and has inside walls plastic lined by sections(like old trailmobiles). Plate trailers(Wabash duraplate,..) have 101.5 inch wall to wall distance. Logistic trailers with composite walls have 101 inch wall to wall.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  5. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I had quite of few brokers asking if I have wood wall trailer

6. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    I don't like plate trailers. they look ugly after few years of usage. a little pallet or forklift hit and you can see that hit mark from outside . if you will haul lot of bulk staff(PET bottles, PET containers, empty cans,..) then you need plate trailer. MAKE SURE TO BUY A TRAILER WITH HENDRICKSON SUSPENSION.

7. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
  8. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Having owned a hundred + trailers over the years had problems with both HENDERSON and MERRITOR so it can happen with either

9. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Probably you saw or pulled one that someone spec'd metal lined plywood. Great Dane has those. It's their trailer that's built like Fort Knox, they're indestructible, and called the SSL series. They have the sheet metal over plywood lined walls. SSL's are the really heavy ones that everyone always says "GD's are so heavy". GD builds light weight trailers too but I don't think anyone makes them as light as Utility.

With regards to plate trailers I was told by a Utility dealer the reason Utility would not make plate trailers was because of some sort of inherent problem with them. A crack that forms somewhere (I can't remember where he said) that happens to all plate trailers over time. It could be repaired but it was a problem that no trailer manufacturer had figured out how to overcome. I didn't know what he was talking about though as I have never pulled any nor really even looked closely at any plate trailers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.