Eagle Logistics female drivers beware

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by sickoftheliars, May 29, 2015.

1. sickoftheliars

sickoftheliars Bobtail Member

May 29, 2015
    Female drivers will be put on buses and expected to stay awake all night and all day while make drivers are flown in. They even fly their pets in for them. MY RECRUITER told me I would be flown from my home on a Monday because I was already taking a 17 hour bus ride home from my other job that Friday And I specified I needed to fly . I had no reason to doubt this until Friday afternoon when Stephanie told me I would be taking a bus but my team mate and his dog were being flown round trip to Orlando to get his license renewed. When I was upset that Stephanie had changed the travel plans we agreed on she called me a stone cold liar. She works out of the Knoxville office and I would beware of her lying tongue. She thinks female drivers are third class citizens and I found Eagle logistics as a whole pushes female drivers to the bottom of the list and the back of the line. Dogs fly first before female drivers. My teammate essentially did not even have a CDL to drive a truck legally.Flew him to get a his CDL and then back to orientation paid for the pet. I was called a liar and given a bus ticket. I could not believe it. Have not met one male Eagle driver that had to ride a bus. I will not be attending orientation.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Wow....
    You must really want to fly on a air plane huh?
    What makes you think they won't let you get some sleep on the bus? .... What if you don't want to work for eagle, who's gonna get your butt back home?
    Sometimes I think some drivers think this job is about taking a vacation for some reason and then they wonder why they are not going to have fun traveling the nation and nobody really gives a hoot about you like you thought they did when they needed warm bodies in their equipment
    ..... It's not play time, this is business...
    The only thing they care about is getting your butt in the driver's seat of their money maker
    .... It doesn't matter if you have a inny or an outty to them at all
    ... So quit yer sniffling and make some money or go home

4. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Who cares how you get there.Get there get your truck pick your loads go home when you want and make money seems fair to me.

Lee Caldwell and TDtrucks Thank this.
  5. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    My gosh what did I just read...and why.

Lee Caldwell and Dinomite Thank this.
  6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    It makes one wonder why they would cater to a specific group of drivers. I probably would be ticked too, if I had heard something similar.

7. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    As would I...and was over a different issue. She's demanding equal treatment and I agree. If you fly one then you fly all, same with grey dog. Either way but equal. Gender not considered either. ( or the dog )

JMO

8. DustyRoad

DustyRoad Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    This is simply a drivers opinion with no rebuttal from the other side....it would be nice to have the whole truth from both sides to be fair and balanced.

FreightSheikh and LSBroker Thank this.
  9. average joe

average joe Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2009
    OK here is what I don't understand , why does everybody think it's the employers responsibility to get them to work? Want a job? Show up Monday

stormy379, mud23609, misterG and 12 others Thank this.
  10. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Exactly... What I thought and who in their right mind would jump on a plane or bus to take on a job
    500 miles away, knowing only what a lying recruiter handed out to them for driver bait
    And then expect a kiss from the slime balls who sucked them into their equipment
    .... What the heck is this industry coming to?
    Where do they find these people?
    I need one to drive my truck also
    .... Just tell them about the hotel room & plane ride and they come flocking into the trap...... I guess

RenoBlues and 77smartin Thank this.
  11. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I never slept on a bus because of concerns I might get molested. Unfortunately it never happened.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.