Eagle Logistics Services. Indianapolis, IN

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by TruckerPete24, Feb 27, 2015.

1. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Since you mention storage, let me ask you to describe the sleeper configuration. Based on those I've seen on the highway, the Eagle and Celadon Lonestars are mid-roofs, correct? If so, do they have the wrap-around storage in the cab-area, just above the the driver/passenger's head? Are the sleeper cabinets 2 per side, one being larger than the other, with a shelf roughly dividing each compartment in half, with additonal storage below the bottom shelf? Does the cabinets have doors on them that open towards the ceiling?

I ask these questions because I'm in a 2012 Prostar with the Eagle package and that's how my sleeper is configured. There are also floor-mounted cabinets behind the driver's and passengers's seat. I drove a 2009 Prostar temporary truck while mine spent a couple of weeks in the shop and that sleeper had completely different cabinets. The doors folded down, they were not as tall, etc.

Also, with the Cummins being cut back and only pulling 40+, I'm guessing you are getting mid-6.0s (6.2-6.7) for fuel mileage? I'm at 7.06 mpg for the last 90 days using KR's MyGauges and we frequently put 47+ in the box, but I lope along at 60 mph.

And that brings me to this final question. What does your Lonestar weigh? I know what this Prostar weighs, as we have to get a bobtail weight in some of the places we go.

Thanks for your efforts in trying to keep this thread going.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rmacjr

rmacjr Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Well when I got my truck from the yard in Indy, it was set at Celadon specs, 63 mph, so two weeks later I had Quality turn it up to 75. Under most loads I get 6.8 to 7 mpg, running mostly at 62.

Before you go in for orientation, call your recruiter to check on truck availability, because Indy was all Lone Star for Eagle, now Celadon had new Pete's, Cascadias, and some KW's but those were all company trucks, Osborne was getting some Cascadias with the 12 speed auto on it, they are also part of Celadon.

JTT Thanks this.
  4. rmacjr

Feb 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    You do have the wrap around storage just above the driver and passenger, you also have one cabinet on either side in the sleeper, a closet behind the driver, refrigerator, and drawer/desktop behind the passenger, double bunk beds, and it is a midroof, it does have privacy curtains, inverter, EPU, small under bunk storage, and just enough storage on the left side for one or two bottles of oil. When you have the top bunk down, be careful, I've bumped my head many times against that thing, it sits pretty low.

Best thing about it, is the ride, man it has a nice ride, 11 hrs behind the wheel and I don't get drive fatigue like I did in my Cascadia.

Pinkratjr and Roknric Thank this.
  5. 88 Alpha

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Oh, you have double bunks in those mid-roofs. I understand the lack of storage now. We had some with double bunk mid-roofs. I had forgotten about them until you described yours. Without the upper bunk, this a larger cabinet on each side where your upper bunk lays down. Gives you quite a bit more storage.

You mentioned your mpg's. That square hood gets better fuel mileage than I thougth it would. Are you numbers based on the dash display, scan gauge or pen/paper/spreadsheet?

One day a few months ago, I helped one of the Celadon company drivers slide her axles. I mentioned you could scroll through the dash display and come to a screen that was a pressure gauge and it could help her with her axle weights in the future. She said they didn't put anything like that in those company trucks, just bare-bones basic. Does your Lonestar have that pressure gauge? I honestly thought that gauge was part of the standard package from International.

6. rmacjr

Feb 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Oh yeah, my Lone Star came in at 19500 I believe, she's a heavy gal.

7. rmacjr

Feb 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Yeah that is what the computer is telling me, and as far as the axle weight, you have to have one of Celadon's newer trlrs that are set up for that, I have one, but I haven't used it yet, I would just go to nearest Cat.

I miss my old 3406B 425 CAT, never see her again.

JMichael Thanks this.
  8. 88 Alpha

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Yes sir, that sucker is quite a bit heavier than my Prostar. It weighs 18100 with 100 gallons of fuel (1/2 tanks).

9. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    High level of leo making there presence known on the I 71 north of columbus this morning....troopers stationed in the median about every 15 miles if not closer....many trucks and cars getting pulled over.....hickory run travel plaza I 80 penna

JTT Thanks this.
  10. JMichael

JMichael Light Load Member

May 16, 2015
    Used to be THE setup . Four and a quarter with an 18 double over , triple digits

11. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    LOL chased you up the 71 today then. Yeah they had cars pulled over in a giant cluster just before Lodi ... looks like they were targeting New York plates.

Pinkratjr and fr8monkey Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.