Eagle Transport (Gas Haulers)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by SmokeMac, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Phantom 69

Phantom 69 Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2009
    SC
    Youtube type BOREDOMxINC in search box..then look for 'the real dirty jobs'

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SmokeMac

SmokeMac Medium Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    I really doubt they hold your no takers experiance against you. As long as you meet the general qualifcations they would hire you. The best thing to do is do the online application and swing by the terminal and talk to the folks there to let them know you are interested. I really believe that Eagle, Florida Rock and Keneenan are all the same. It is just that there are different ups and downs. The thing with this Bussness is you are better off staying with one company and learning the store lay outs then bouncing from company to company and having to start over.

We don't get directions via the hand held terminal unit (HTU). We do have customer information sheets on them with directions to the customer, tank sizes, equipment needed, and a diagram of the store layout. I know that the Keneenan and Florida Rocks drivers like are HTUs better than there Qualcoms. 1 of the ups and downs I was talking about.

4. SmokeMac

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Just got done watching the video. Sort of got pissed off with those kids snickering at the guy when all he is trying to do is take care of his famialy. I would have told them to leave to leave and threatened to call the Police if they didn't. I don't know maybe I am to sensative I guess.

5. SmokeMac

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Hit my first year anniversery yesterday shoukd be getting a 2 1/2 % raise on my load pay. I will not get a raise on my asserial pay though. I will get 21/2 % pay raise until I hit 10 % then I get 1 % every other year

6. Phantom 69

Aug 10, 2009
    SC
    Congrats on the anniv..Driver on another board said,he went from a union LTL carrier to gas hauler..Company was laying off..senior drivers were getting bumped to the dock..crazy stuff..Said he's been with FRTL for over a year now..making great $..doin 3-5 loads a day vs the 18-20 stops and off load badly stacked pallets..no regrets on his switch..I'll keep you posted on my decision..Been checking out Eagle's newsletter ..good to see drivers being awarded with dinners and cash for working hard and being safe..

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  7. SmokeMac

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    I really like being a Mid Night Gas Hauler. If you decide to go to Gas Hauling, I would strongly recommend Pope because you would get hired before me, Simply because you are more trainable to the Pope method of gas hauling than me. I know a Pope driver in N. Augusta that fills the bill of an ex LTL guythat went gas hauling, because every winter he would get laid off. He was with them 7 years. Just like any from of trucking you have to be willing to hussle. One thing I do is I call my dispatcher to see if there is a going to be a price change and to see if I can get that extra load.
    FRTL, Eagle, and Keenan are all about the same. A knock on Keenan is they pay every other week. Verses getting paid weekly, I know alot guys that is a facter, Me I don't care as long as I get my money. Keenan and FRTL uses a qualacom in there trucks. We use a hand held style computer like the potatoe chip guys.
    I am making decent money so far this week. Been going up to N. Augusta alot this week. The loads don't pay as much per hour, but it pays enough to keep my wife from bit$$ing

8. SmokeMac

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    OK I got a .73 raise for a load that takes an hour and half to pull. 1.22 for a load that take 2.75 hours to pull. It might not put me up there with the Rocklifellers and the Kennedys but I am thank full it was like an $18.50 per week raise.
    I don't know but it was the 1st raise I got since I have been out of the Army.
    Oh yeah I sort of had a screw up and manned up about it and got an ataboy from my dispatcher for it saved the customer a #### load of money

9. Phantom 69

Aug 10, 2009
    SC
    Copy all that! Drove passed the N.Augusta terminal on Thursday night..Driver was complaining about the wait to load up..Think he was the only truck outside the gate and the rack was full..It only take 20-25 mins in and out right,unless the rack crashes? He must've had a full schedule..Besides getting finger printed for haz-mat,are you required to have that TWIC card? I have tanker and haz-mat endorsements..renewed my CDL before the finger printing went into effect in 05..Hopefully this will be my last year on the road.Been getting input and info from you and a couple of Flying J and Loves drivers..

10. SmokeMac

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    For some reason I haven't been able to log on for a couple weeks. We picked up a customer who wants there loads pulled out of N. Augusta to all the way back to Savannah. I usallaly get something going that way. The only problem is the one station is about an hour and 15 minutes from Savannah. Oh well got to take the good with the bad,
    I don't know about having to have the TWIC card up in N Augusta wa have to have it in Savannah. I guess it can't hurt

11. SmokeMac

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Got bit by the road bug and pretty peterbuil bug and applied with a Regional Chemical hauling company and got it. When I first applied it was home every other night. Then after I got hired they changed it to home every 5 to 7 days, I turned them down. It paid 23% of gross the manger said the reason they want to go long haul so that the trucks would avearage $1,000 a day. That us $ 230 a day by my math. Decided to stick with the devil I know rather than take a chance of the devil I don't know. I am pretty happy with Eagle

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.