ELD rule drops this month, ATA exec says

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by cajun, Nov 6, 2015.

1. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    That's not because of an electronic log. That's just sor of crazy obsession with restrooms

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ttyson

ttyson Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2015
    I love to take a hour nap at my 10th hour then I run out of hours a hour from del,and l have to call and tell them I'm down the street put l gotta take another ten,see ya in the morning,and dont blame,l'm just following the rules so l dont end up in jail,,goodnight

4. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Wonder how much the ATA gave out in kickbacks for this to happen? And yet, we have drivers who still the ATA is on their side.

mp4694330 Thanks this.
  5. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    I just look at the miles to delivery, use a 50 mph average rule and determine when I can be there, breaks, 30 min, all of it factored in. So I never end up with some stupid "I am an hour away and have to take a break so you will only get your stuff in the morning" type of thing. I am always where I need to be when I said I would be there, unless there is a mechanical issue that holds me up. But when that happens, I am on the horn to all who need to know and set new time to deliver. I don't wait till the last minute to finally let others in the loop.

6. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    The day speed limiters become mandated is the day I retire.

7. thejackal

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    Holy moses!!

8. Cowpie1

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    that is one solution. Mine is to just tweak the ECM so that it shows the limiter set at the mandate yet will run 10-15 mph over that. Simple solution to a goofy problem. Fact is, the ECM in mine has already been tweaked so that no matter what the speed limiter is set at, it will run 10-15 mph over that. Not tied to fuel economy, driver reward stuff, or anything. Just one of those little hidden tweaks that can be done, at least with my DDEC IV ECM.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    thejackal Thanks this.
  9. thejackal

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    I did not realize that was possible...

10. thejackal

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    Didn't realize that was possible. Who tweaks ur ecm? You or someone else.

11. Cowpie1

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    When I got the ECM adjusted to dump the EPA '98 stuff out of it, got the settings in the ECM adjusted to allow this. Got it done at Davenport, IA by guy that goes by Diesel Doctor. Not sure if all ECM's can be done. Detroit really has a lot of parameters and settings that can be changed. Many of them even the techs at the dealerships are clueless about.

thejackal Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.