Electrical Fault with a 2009 International Prostar

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by rosatransportation2014, Oct 6, 2014.

1. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    My company had so many problems with their ProStars, they forced International to take them back. Then they bought new Kenworths.

Sony Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cleetis71

Cleetis71 Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Mine just stared on Friday last week.

4. Sony

Sony Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Dealership going to change Body Control module and reprogram it. Also going to replace Speed sensor and ABS sensor. Still didn't get the truck back due to holidays . Gonna cost around $3200 after getting $900 discount.

5. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    Crazy I had the same issue on one of the prostars. After changing parts on parts on parts on parts (suggested by international) the truck still,had issues. Finally International replaced the whole wiring(after a month the Ecm had been changed) and the truck ran fine after that for a whole year before being sold.

6. Cleetis71

Cleetis71 Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Well.....after reading and trying everyone's comments and ideas, the one that seems to work was there one about the foot panel near your left foot.
    Remove the panel and there a computer box thing there (not sure what it is).
    There is 3 or 4 plugs with wires attached.
    I just made sure they were pushed in real good and the electrical fault went away and I was able to get it into gear and drove it all day and night.
    Also....did not put that panel back on.
    Gonna wait til the end of the week before I look more into it.
    But for now, the trucks working fine.
    It really seems like some of those wiring harnesses are pulled way too tight.
    If y'all need anymore info please let me know.
    Thanks for everyone's help.

Heavyd Thanks this.
  7. Tayount

Tayount Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2016
    I currently got a 2014 international. .abs and trac control came on also showing and electrical fault took it in to be reapired..and now electrical fault is coming on...trying to figure out how to resolve this issue

8. Gitaslife

Gitaslife Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Does the truck have a bendix? If so its a bendix failure.

9. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    You use Diamond logic software to see what is causing the electrical fault and then use the appropriate software for that module and see what code it is logging and then trouble shoot from there.

10. Lmuench

Lmuench Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2016
    The same thine is happening to me .any luck

11. Lmuench

Lmuench Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2016
    I talk to Navistar International and they are putting a tech engineer on it. The truck is doing the same thing as all of you. I have spent 26 thousand to no evale. Nothing. My list egr valve, dose injector, turbo, new batteries, alternator,doc filter, dpf filter, the three temperature sensors for exhaust, wire harnesses, fan clutch, water pump, radiator, air to air cooler, ac compressor, (4) ecms, slack adjusters for the abs side, Ignition switch, below tube, exhaust fuel pressure sensor, exhaust wire harness. I had International at my yard and he said the cab wire harness and the ecm must be changed at the same time. Bringing my truck to International for further diagnosis.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.