Employment verification ...

Discussion in 'Prime' started by BigSky, Jul 20, 2016.

1. BigSky

BigSky Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    I have been a stay at home dad for 20 years and the principle instructor as we home schooled our children. We are very proud of our kids accomplishments, both athletic and academic. They have both competed on a national level in multiple sports and our son has been on USA World Teams in multiple sports. Our son has been admitted to the very best universities in the country.

My recruiter said we can't move forward because Prime must have verifiable work history for 2 of the last 3 years. I'm very disappointed and hoping there is some way to work around this … any thoughts or advice? Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rodknocker

rodknocker Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Southeast
    Get someone to fudge is all I can think of. Maybe bag groceries for 2 or 3 years to gain verifiable experience. Pay about the same with tips. Think everyone here wish they could be a stay at home dad for 20 years.

blackceaser2 and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  4. BigSky

BigSky Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    My wife has a very good job and it has been a privilege to be able to have that time with our children as they grew up. Teaching and coaching them was challenging but it was a labor of love. We are very proud of their accomplishments so far … now it's time to move on with a new chapter in my life.

5. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    You were self-employed for 20 years ;-)

6. BigSky

BigSky Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    I agree wholeheartedly:

Our state is unique in that they view "home schooling" as a constitutionally protected parental right.

They legally recognizes two types of schools, public and private.

They legally recognizes home schools as private schools with the same legal standing as any other private schools, such as Catholic elementary and high schools.

Teaching at our home school is no different than teaching at a Catholic or other private high school.

If I had taught at a Catholic high school I don't believe this situation would be as challenging.

I understand the verification process would not be typical, but it seems as thou there must be some alternative method to verify my "employment".

I would be able to provide notarized letters from individuals that could testify that they had direct knowledge that I taught and home schooled our children, as well as a letter from our CPA. Additionally I could provide tax records if that would help.

… I have replied to my recruiter to appeal and will keep my fingers cross! Thanks

7. Jrdude5

Jrdude5 Heavy Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    Go somewhere else plenty of other companies offer training Prime is just a stuck up company I wouldn't sit around waiting on them if you wanna move forward.

tommymonza Thanks this.
  8. BigSky

BigSky Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    I received an email from my recruiter this evening, they are going to try and work with me … I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

9. CurbJumper

CurbJumper Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Hope it works out of you.
    And I commend you keeping your children out of the idiot mill, propaganda machine that is the public education system. Your children owe you their boundless adoration and thanks.

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's all you need. Also, Prime isn't the only game in town. On job applications put "Home School Teacher." When a recruiter contacts you tell him/her you can provide tax records.

BigSky and born&raisedintheusa Thank this.
  11. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    What is your location? This may help people to help you.

Good luck to you! God bless your family!

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

BigSky Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.