Entry level driver jobs in Odessa/ Midland?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by trku, Jun 14, 2013.

1. trku

trku Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2013
    The ink is still wet on my Diploma and I have CDL in hand with tanker endorsement. Any leads on some doors to knock on Monday morning would be greatly appreciated. I arrive in Midland today from Califonia and I'm ready to work!

d o g Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trku

trku Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2013
    That would be my diploma from an accredited CDL school by the way..........

Giggles the Original and d o g Thank this.
  4. Chibob

Chibob Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Columbia, Missouri
    Good luck and let us know how things go for you. Maybe you could start a thread and keep us up to date on how it goes. There are a lot of new drivers who post here wanting to know how to get started.

Giggles the Original and d o g Thank this.
  5. Ben Gunn

Ben Gunn Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Forgotten Coast
    Try Nabors, they have a yard in Odessa near intersection of 385 and Loop 338, a yard in Crane on the east side of the truck route just south of 329, and a yard in Midland (not sure where). They might tell you to apply online, but a visit won't hurt.

I used to recommend Key, but they're having troubles at the moment. That being said, you might want to try the yard in Crane. They've staid much busier than the Odessa and Stanton. They also like to hire newbies so it's worth a shot to get your foot in the door. Carl is the yard manager and a visit with him wouldn't hurt. Their yard is on 385 a little south of the first Stripes.

I don't know how newbie friendly they are, but Globe has a yard in Midland on the north I20 service road just east of the Hwy158/Gardendale exit. Just don't let them intimidate you into over logging.

If you want to frac, all the big players are in town but you'll need to apply online most likely.

d o g and Giggles the Original Thank this.
  6. marinko

marinko Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2013
    middle of nowhere , TX
    saw this on SAN ANGELO craigslist ,

[h=2]CDL Drivers (Sterling City)[/h]CDL Drivers (Sterling City)

Select Energy Services is seeking class A CDL drivers with Tanker endorsements for our Sterling City Yard Location.
    Hazmat is a Plus

All applicants must be able to pass drug, alcohol, and criminal background checks.

Select Energy Services offers Competitive pay, health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, and 401K with company match.

For more information please call (325) 812-8558.

7. chaz7r

chaz7r Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Belfield, ND
    Worked for select energy in north dakota. Hired about 30 drivers to run a dozen brand new vac rigs. No work at all. Sat around for two months. Managers were totally surprised when you voiced any displeasure over not making any money. Very bad management, inefficient and no communication at this company. Have great top of the line equipment but nowhere to use it.I moved on to greener pastures after two months

8. marinko

marinko Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2013
    middle of nowhere , TX
    this is for odessa , have you tried here?
    [h=2]Entry Level CDL A operators WANTED IMMEDIATLY (Midland/ Odessa)[/h]We are looking for individuals who are looking to start a career with or continue a career on the service side of the Oil and Gas industry. This position is for one of the leading Cement and Acidizing companies in the area. All levels need apply. Immedaite openings available!!!!

Requirements:
    * Clean MVR(no DUI's)
    * CDL A w/ Tanker endorsement
    * Clean Background
    * Be able to do physical work outside

We are looking for long term employees, Offer great benefits, bonuses, ect.

please email resume to aruiz@petro-fs.com or fax 720-536-3440

9. SLACE8832

SLACE8832 Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2013
    We are looking for owner ops for sand hauling... NEED YOU GUYS ASAP

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013
  10. Txbobcat

Txbobcat Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2013
    West Texas
    Select Energy Services in west Texas is overloaded with work. Message me for details.

11. HeWhoMustNotBeNamed

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Crusty Pogosticker!!

Jan 25, 2012
    Cartoon Network
    You mean these guys right below ? The names the same and it looks like the Merry Go Round is loadin' up again.
    This time it's different, right ?

mrstruckerswife and Chibob Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.