FARM FRESH 1969 359 PROJECT

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by BIGZILLA, May 15, 2016.

1. BIGZILLA

BIGZILLA Heavy Load Member

Oct 15, 2015
    Treasure coast, Florida
    I'm a fan.
    As I've posted before, I have a 16v149 2200hp industrial from a genset in storage. It is for a future mid engine Peterbilt project.:D It's gonna have to be a triple frame loooong wb!

bigguns, Bean Jr. and rachi Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BIGZILLA

Oct 15, 2015
    Treasure coast, Florida
    So here's where I'm at.

I noticed this the today. IMG_1356.JPG

As mentioned in the other thread, it moves freely, but has no affect. hen it cools off this evening I'm gonna open it up and hopefully solve my emergency shutoff problem. I will also be installing a fuel shut off valve after the fuel filter as suggested in the other thread.

Question:
    Is the black knob that pulls out below the start button in the screenshot below the original emergency shutoff? There is also a T handle on the left which looks old but not original. IMG_1358.PNG

It has a cable running into the engine compartment that is not hooked up.

4. BIGZILLA

Oct 15, 2015
    Treasure coast, Florida
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    There ya go! I guess now that the rain's gone I better go work on mine.

Ruthless and BIGZILLA Thank this.
  6. BIGZILLA

Oct 15, 2015
    Treasure coast, Florida
    That's funny. Every time you post on yours I feel guilty for not working on mine. LOL

7. BIGZILLA

Oct 15, 2015
    Treasure coast, Florida
    OH!
    Wow if I can figure out how to incorporate a motorcycle chain somewhere on this build it will have all my favorite things! A Peterbilt, a Detroit diesel two stroke, gun parts, and motorcycle parts!

FullMetalJacket and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  8. BIGZILLA

Oct 15, 2015
    Treasure coast, Florida
    hmmm I cranked it up and shut it off several times since the little scare.. The shut off has been working fine.... until today. I ran it at varying speeds for about 2 hours today and when I went to shut it off it happened again. I guess the solenoid is heating up and not working. Anyway, easy fix. The emergency shutoff worked like a charm though so that gives me confidence. I wound up hooking both the black pull knob and the T handle by the drivers door to the flapper trigger (for lack of a better term;)) This way if I'm outside the cab I can reach the t handle from the ground with my right hand and if I'm in the drivers seat I can reach for the knob with my right. My left arm has no rotator cuff tendon at all so this is important (fast motorcycles).

Taken just before I hooked up the second cable:

IMG_1475.JPG

I haven't pulled the panel off the door yet but someone told me the window operates on a chain. Is that true? If so this might be where I can incorporate my motorcycle chain in the build. LOL My Perfecta!!! Peterbilts, Bikes, Guns, and Detroit Diesels!!!

Added a third battery today too. Went by the scrapyard and somebody had dropped off two yellow tops, 1125 CCA, I knew there was no way two identical batteries went bad at the same time so I bought them both. Sure enough one was perfectly fine the other was shot. New battery $8.00 :D I love having friends who own scrapyards and junkyards! Which brings me to this nonsense:

IMG_0889.JPG
    Have a great evening!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    91B20H8 Thanks this.
  9. BIGZILLA

Oct 15, 2015
    Treasure coast, Florida
    This guy close by has a 92 W900 with air ride and wants to trade me for my Hendrickson walking beam. Suspension only. Does anyone know is they will swap out with my 69 359?
    @NorthernMechanic

10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Which suspension?

11. BIGZILLA

Oct 15, 2015
    Treasure coast, Florida
    Mine is a Hendrickson RS

His is;
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.