Finding loads with new authority

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Allain Logistics, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Allain Logistics

Allain Logistics Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2015
    How big of a problem is it to find loads with new authority? I know some brokers won't give you loads for the first 6 months or a year. Is this just 1 or 2 brokers or is it a majority?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    I think its like anything else in this industry.. you start at the bottom, pay your dues.. and eventually it all becomes like a comfortable pair of boots.

Some wont for what ever reason.. just move on to tbe next one.. keep making calls. Build a good reputation and they will start calling you.

I am leased to a carrier.. I can not finalize the confirmation process.. yet I get calls from a few brokers we deal with regularly asking where I am or where I will be to see if I can do a load for them.

Hurst

4. Mad dog logistics llc

Mad dog logistics llc Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2014
    You can find loads with smaller companies but the bigger ones will be your issue. I was a shipper, broker and now a carrier. Find the guys who will work with you and keep checking in with them until you can sign on with the others.

5. RForge

RForge Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2016
    You can call the shipper speak with traffic manager be honest with them. exchange carrier and shipper agreement contracts negotiate your rate which should be no less then 2 per mile based on regional average. You will need to run a credit check on your self. and other things needed. But you will find some direct shippers that will work with you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.