Finding owner operators to talk to in california

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Buck Rucker, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Buck Rucker

Buck Rucker Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2015
    California
    Hey everyone, thanks for the help on the last few questions I had. Getting answers directly is a lot easier than I thought it would be.

If I wanted to talk to a bunch of owner operators at once down here in socal, what would be the best way to get their attention? The obvious answer seems to be gas stations, but figuring out a way to make asking them a few questions worth their time has been tricky. I'm trying to write a report on owner operator issues in Los Angeles, but I need to find a better way of asking them about what they have to deal with in the city.

If anyone has any insights, it would be much appreciated. My ideas were to offer fuel cards, water on a hot day, gift cards to some nice restaurants with truck parking. I know these are busy guys, I don't want to waste their time and I do want to provide something they can actually use and enjoy.

Thanks for the help!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Most of the owner operators here in socal don't speak English as their first language. Why don't you post here and mb we can help you out

4. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    I don't live in socal, but make the trek every week.

5. areelius

areelius Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Temecula Ca
    Private message me. I meet your criteria and live down here. I only have dry van experience though. I do run under my own numbers and find my own loads. I am relatively new to this game at 2.5 years.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.