Firespock on with QC as L/P IC

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by firespock, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    I think some guys are wanting to know how the program works to L/P from an affiliate. Not just DB Kustoms. Can you shine some light on that @firespock ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LDR

LDR Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Rix, how goes the battle?

4. firespock

firespock Heavy Load Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Smyrna, Ga
    Well honestly it is hard to explain because every affiliate is different mine however costs $865 a week total that is $639.74 for truck and rest is insurance/etc.

5. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    @Travisroland ,
    When you qualify for the purchase of a DB Kustoms truck, it goes in your name with QC as the co-signer. Therefore you pay for plates, insurance, 2290, all that fun stuff. QC gets killer deals on Illinois plates, and they are self insured; so it's hard to beat their insurance prices. I live in Illinois and I used to average about $3100 per year for a plate - QC gives me a plate for about $1800. With that said; they have no problem with you getting your own plates, insurance and all that fun stuff. But I say good luck beating their prices, and they take it weekly. Fuel card same way - you can use theirs or get your own. They only pass off a couple cents off per gallon, so I will be getting my own fuel card through NASTC.
    I know $5k is a lot of money down, but keep in mind they have re-seats once and a while for $3k down.

RERM Thanks this.
  6. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    The f'n body shop keeps extending when we can pick up the truck. I did go see her today since the body shop is just over the border in Wisconsin. They said DB Kustoms should be able to pick her up tomorrow. Once they pick her up DB needs the truck for 2 to 3 days to finish getting her ready, then it gets checked over mechanically - any repairs are completed and they change the oil and filters, plus change the fluids in the rear ends and transmission. So probably next Friday.
    The cool part is I have met many DB drivers over the last couple weeks and they really like working for Quality Carriers.

7. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    Your term is shorter to, and no down payment - right?

8. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Please Rix43, get some pics of that truck on here!!! , also please keep up the updates, thanks and good luck!!!!....also, the DB Kustoms trucks, are they brand new, gliders, or do they pick a used truck and totally rebuild and customize it???

9. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    They buy used and rebuild - and customize.

10. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    image.jpeg So the last couple of weeks I have been doing odds and ends to keep some money coming in. The Brown's have been really good to me and they are great people. I should have my truck Friday. Today I went and got her from the mechanic shop and drove her DB Kustoms to get finalized. Here is a pic, but she needs a bumper and fenders. They are half fenders painted the color of the truck. The bumper might be a temporary, because he is trying to find a 20" deep bumper. Trying to decide between naming her "Shamrock Shake" or "Key West Cruiser". What do you guys think?

RERM Thanks this.
  11. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    I also found out I have been granted a transfer to the Joliet, IL. terminal (750), instead of Fort Worth

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.