Firespock on with QC as L/P IC

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by firespock, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    I know this sounds crazy, but I love loading out of there. Lol. I'm hoping I get to stay on this run or at least as the first alternate.

slim shady Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    @RERM, heck no I will not be gone from home that long either. I don't like being gone for even 4 or 5 nights. The Chicago market is prime for out and backs. You go loaded and come back empty. There are also lots of runs that go, reload, come back. But you have to wash the tank in between those loads. That's when I take a break, grab an Uber or Lyft and head into town.

Also QC owns BOASO, if you want to try them. They're down on 94 and 115th I think, they run ISO tanks in and out of the rail yards.

And to be honest we are extremely busy right now - pretty much nationwide on the QC side.

Loke Thanks this.
  4. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    @Majestic 670, sorry you got sold a crock of doodoo. We have O/O's in Joliet who own their own trucks out right. They make as much or as little as they want to; just like me. Maybe the corporate owned terminals do that, I don't know though.

5. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    @KC406 don't disappear like @firespock did. He started this thread a year and a half ago. I am actually friends with him too; I met him through this thread. You run different than I do, so it's good to hear how other guys do things. And please don't turn into a Debbie downer and blame every body and everything without looking in the mirror first. :D

6. KC406

KC406 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Ok.. I know I cant go into Cali because of the dpf deal but don't care to go anyway. Thanks for the heads up

Rix43 Thanks this.
  7. KC406

KC406 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Not sure if anyone notice but I stay logged in on this site so when ever someone comment it comes to my email.
    So as long as there's activity like questions or ao... I'll be here.
    I'm a man before I'm anything else... I take responsibility for things that I do. With that being said I understand that I am buying a used truck. I also understand that becoming an O/O it's what you make of it. You have to work for it. It's your business so you're the one that has to maintain and run your business.

If one would understand before deciding to come to QC or any other company what it means and take to become successful itll make things better.

I must throw this out there for the ones that have in the past tried to buy a trucker as a 1st time truck buyer. You will be asked to come up with 8k to 30k down... run your credit and hope you have a least a 750 score. Now if you have that cool but I don't or didnt. I only had 6k with a score of 675 and still couldnt get a truck unless I went to freightliner... but I didn't want a freightshaker

I've tried dealership, lone mountain, out of state dealers(quality truck sales out of MO)... etc... anyway since everything wasnt perfect I decided to go through DB I felt like after talking to a lot of drivers it was right for me. Down payment I had... credit score what it was.

Ok so this is it for now got to get the tank washed so I can head out.

Rix43, Loke, Blue4ever and 1 other person Thank this.
  8. Kelkey

Kelkey Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2016
    I'm approved. I start orientation the 10th of Oct. I drive a rental til my truck is done. Anybody put there with a DB truck can give some feedback? Can I bring home 1000-1200 a week to the house? Do they run you hard? I mean. I like to cook every three four days. I like to work out at least 3-4 days a week. Can this be done and make some money?

9. KC406

KC406 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Congratulations to ya. Do you know what terminal youll be runjing out of? Which truck ya getting if you don't mine spilling the beans... ok if not.. anyway yes you can and will. Well if you're willing to run. I don't run hard but when I do of course my wife is smiling to the bank. But remember it's what you make of it.

10. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    That's company driver money, lease op. Should be twice that. Aim higher

Rix43 Thanks this.
  11. Kelkey

Kelkey Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2016
    Thank you. They're saying St Louis right now. I'm trying to build my own. Dave is trying hard to get me in one already built. Lol! I don't blame him. It's business.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.