FLD Electrical Problem

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by zaheerkarim, May 7, 2016.

1. zaheerkarim

zaheerkarim Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Malawi
    Hi all, I have problem with my FLD which has a Cummins ISX motor. It has been parked for almost 3 months and decided to start it today. I connected the batteries but nothing comes up in the dash and it also doesn't crank. The lights, electric horn and indicators are working. But nothing on the dash.... Please help

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You do not have adquate voltage to boot your ECM and keep it booted prior to cranking your engine.

Take a look and load test those batteries to be sure they are still good. I just thew away a expensive deep cycle battery for almost three years old and failing to hold adequate charge on it's fancy construction. Someting to do with the spiral gel technology I think it was.

Anyone old enough tor remember those wonderful old lead acid batterries?

passingthru69 Thanks this.
  4. zaheerkarim

zaheerkarim Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Malawi
    I tested the batteries and there are good. I even tried another set of batteries but still the same.

5. JAYRODPA

JAYRODPA Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2009
    Dingmans Ferry pa
    There should be a starter solenoid on the fire wall on the driver side. take a pair of pliers and jump the 2 large terminals. it should turn over. If it turns over then you know it's not the battery's or cables going to the starter. from there I would start checking wires going into the cab, including ECM wire from the battery's, key switch, starter button, relay's.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.