Flex Bows

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by kwforage, Aug 11, 2015.

1. kwforage

kwforage Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Anybody use them? Are they worth the money? Just bought a end dump and am already realizing I am going to constantly be replacing bows in my line of work.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 1johnb

1johnb Medium Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    New Paris Ohio
    I rarely replace bows why are you going to be going through so many. Usually it is my own laziness that costs me a bow. Very seldom does one get damaged if I do my job

4. kwforage

kwforage Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Need to load trailer plumb full to get tons I need and have loader operators that aren't as carefull as I would like.

5. 1johnb

1johnb Medium Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    New Paris Ohio
    Take the bows out or swing them out of the way. I haul scrap. In fact the load I have on now was so high that I had to rearrange it, just to get all the product under the bows. If you don't have one check on putting a door on the front

6. Agtrucker

Agtrucker Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Yea I just swing and bungee them for the day when I haul gravel... Another option would be to figure out where you need your piles and take those bows out leaving 1 in the front, middle and back of the trailer to keep use of your tarp.
    Disclaimer...I dont know what affect this has on your tarp(not being fully supported) over long periods of time and higher speeds but I see numerous guys do it...

7. ff2502004

ff2502004 Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Henderson NV
    Just get taller bows. Just make sure tarp is tight when rolled out, or it wont last long.

8. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    I prefer the metal bows, my old 40' had 12 bows in it and I would start in the back and swing them all to the front and their very front one I would swing back to lock them in place, I could swing them back and forth in under 5 minutes, flex bows took a little longer would have to pull them out abd would push them up under the front bib and put them back after I was loaded. Or if it was light material and a competent operator would load over them

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.