Foodliner, DBA, Gless Bros, Blue Grass Ia.

Discussion in 'Gless Bros Foodliner' started by im6under, Jun 8, 2008.

1. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    I thought I was in for a bit of a pay cut coming here but that is no longer a concern. I am not seeing a slow down in the winter months and am starting to feel that this industry is not as sensitive to economic slow downs either like the van world was. Also found out that when they had their lunch cookout thing in Blue Grass awhile back I arrive there shortly after you had left. Apparently I am your newest stalker.:biggrin_2555:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. im6under

im6under Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    stalker??? EEK !!!

I'm sure we'll run across one another eventually... I'm the short fat guy that always looks like he's running late...

I'm not, mind you, thats just my natural expression... lol

Off to slumberland now, need to be in sioux falls s.d. by daylight. (sweet little run)

4. im6under

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    things kinda slowed down this week, was expecting a very poor pay-day.

then: "good'ol BOB"

he knew I had a rough week... so he tossed me out for the week-end... no complaints here...!!!

will be chalking up another $600.00 between saturday and sunday. then am off for monday.

not my favorite way of getting it done but it works.

yep, I was getting nervous, wednesday, the big board only had like 5 runs on it for the ten guys we got dedicated here...

asked whats up with that???

and was told... don't panic... we got the same number of loads for the week... just everybody wants everything on thursday and friday this time.

they pretty much got what they wanted also... lol

came to work yesterday... and the lot was full of cars and no trucks in site.

got home last night kinda late... lot full of cars and no trucks in site. except for one, and we pulled in togather...

got out and said hey, for a minute. he looked as tired as I did... lol

with the economy like it is... the short load board made me twitch...

I'd much rather be pounding out the miles than standing in the food-stamp line, which is getting longer by the day.

"STUPID ECONOMY !!!"

yeah,see, the whole thing isn't really wallstreet...

(talking over the boo-hiss of the crowd)

the problem is:

average joe was spending like he was rich when he wasn't. this artificially inflated the economy.

now that he has found out he wasn't rich he is hording what little he has, artificially collapsing the economy. Refusing to give up the fantasy, "I was rich, I was rich, rich I tell you... and I will be again..."

No, stupid... you wasn't rich, you just had good credit and was using the heck out of it !!!!

let reality sink in a bit, wipe the vaseline off yourself and pull your pants back up...

annual earnings: 1/2 is what you can afford for a car.

annual earnings: twice is what you can afford for a house.

now go buy yourself a 1970's 3 bedroom ranch, a good 04-05 set of wheels, quit making three trips a week to walmart.

hug your ###### kid, call your mom instead of driving over to see her, and for pete's sake take the family out to dinner saturday night after buying the kids some (american made) clothes and lets get this economy moving.

don't touch the 401k and quit asking the bank teller what she thinks about the economy. she hasn't a clue and is as scared as you are over nothing !

hmmmm.....

I think I just hijacked my own thread...:biggrin_2554:

stupid representative government... thththththhhhh.......(rasberry)

obama and mccain don't approve of this message... but republicans and democrats are both different flavors of the same lie...
    vanilla coke or cherry coke??? your still getting coke... I want pepsi dang it !!!!!!!!! :biggrin_25525:

5. MO family man

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    Drink your dang Coke and be happy driver.

Anyone else ever see the vending machines that take credit cards and find that funny. Take out a short term loan at 18% to buy a .75 candy bar. 'ing tards ruining the world I tell ya.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2008
  6. im6under

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin_2552:

7. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    That's just nuts.

8. im6under

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    Worked 5 days made $1,554.20;

2581 miles or 60.2 cents per mile.

no dot inspection, just miles and unload fees...ect...

did pick-up the mail today, hence the update.

have made over $20,000 since starting in June.

At this pace will make atleast $58,742.66 for a year.

Depending how wintering and economy works out could be as high as 70K.

Doubt I'll ever top joe's $1900.00 in a week... WOW!!!

Went and asked a few guys... can ya really make that much??? (not doubting you joe... just ###### boy... way to haul the freight brother...lol)

Two of the older more established guys looked at me like I was an idiot... "??? You aren't mak'in that much yet???"

tail between my legs, "well, no, not yet I haven't..."

"whatcha been do'in??? watch'in baseball or da'races...?

:biggrin_2554: "well I been home tak'in care of things"

"uh huh... (pause) well we ain't try'in to pick on you none, (pause) some of you young'ins juz need a little more couch time before your ready ta roll with us go'gitters..."

:biggrin_2551:( never said a word after that, somedays you can just tell you've said to much already)

9. MO family man

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    I know the feeling about "Expected" earnings. I was proud that I was able to start wrangling some decent checks but have since found out I ain't that special, more of a piker really. I am getting better and more organized and that is leading to shaving minutes off here and there. That in turn should lend itself into generating better checks. Dare I dream of turning this into a 100k truck pedaling gig?

10. im6under

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    You're braver than me !!!

not for dreaming it but for saying it outloud... lol

I haven't thought to ask what the top pay-out is or will be for this year but its crossed my mind that there are a few guys in the 80's.

hmmm... I wonder....

$300 a day X 6 days = 1800 x 52 weeks = $93,600 + vac pay 3600 =

$97,200 for a year. very possible...

but alas I am, for the most part, the 5 days a week newbie... 60k is my goal... and I'm happy with that... gotta have time to spend it ya' know...

I've been by blue grass a few times this last couple of weeks...

new guys getting orientated...

All I can do is smile and say, you're gonna love it here !!!!

then kick yourself in the butt for not coming sooner!!! lmao!!!!

11. im6under

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    delivered a trailer to blue grass yesterday... had heard a hydrite guy had backed one into another one...

I dragged the "hit in the front" one down.... didn't look to bad just a wrinkle...

asked to see the other one... it was creamed all over the side, god awful wrinkled and ugly... no backing here... guy was pulling out and drug it across the one next to him... OOOPS!!!

the big guy came out to snap a few photo's...

was horrified when he saw my "hardly crinkled" trailer... then was not nearly as irritated when he saw the huge ugly down the side of the other one.

asked what's up with that???

apparently the sides are just shiney, bolt a new panel in place....

the nose... is a send it off to a certified repair facility, big bucks, inspect repair replace and testing, and dollars and dollars and more dollars to get it fixed.

I had no clue... but found it interesting...

note to self, "don't wrinkle the trailers but especially protect that nose"

and while I was down there...

I saw rick again....

How does that guy do it?????

he's everywhere I go....

am thinking the company hired twins... that both answer to rick... lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.