Forklift operator killed when driver pulls away from dock

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by GreenMonster9669, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Stew209

Stew209 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Out in the Sticks
    Really, I mean I have been driving for quite some time now and I have never seen this happen and rarely hear of it happening. So to say to many have been KIA is a little much.
    When Im being unloaded/loaded and sometimes that takes hours and I sometimes take that time to take a little nap. According to you I should be forced to sit in a "drivers lounge" aka a few foldup chairs that are uncomfortable for hours with other drivers and having to smell them because they haven't showered in 3 weeks.
    Sure there life is valuable but why should I suffer so they can have a sense of safety? This can be fixed if these companies spent the money to install dock-locks, put glad hand locks or do what Wal-Mart does which is drop, disconnect and go park in the bobtail parking area.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Stew209

Stew209 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Out in the Sticks
    I have on many occasions gave the clerk just one of my keys and then went back out to my truck and took a nap. Pretty much everyone has multiple keys.

ethos, 19kM-1Driver and flood Thank this.
  4. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    It won't.
    It will really only prevent something from falling on his head.

5. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    I would never give up all of my keys to my truck. It's basically my house. All I do when asked is give them the one out of my ignition, the one that's in my pocket, and always is, stays right there.

6. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    I like the idea putting a stop sign in front of truck.

7. 19kM-1Driver

19kM-1Driver Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Out of all of the places I've dropped at with stop and go lights, they are only used properly about 10% of the time.

8. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    if they even work at all.....

19kM-1Driver and Big Don Thank this.
  9. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Yeah, that is the question. And then you have the dock lock that malfunctions while it has your trailer locked in. That is always good for a few giggles.:rolleyes:

flood Thanks this.
  10. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Only problem with dock locks is they don't play well with liftgate trailers. I wish loaders would come out and talk to me about how to proceed instead of pushing a button then giving up.

I even got rejected by a facility because they couldn't engage the dock lock. Never even came out to see why, just rejected when they couldn't get a green light. (Also, that facility expected ALL trucks to drop the trailer at the door. Sure, remove the 8 ton boat anchor from the front of the trailer then wonder why trailers slide out from the dock!)

19kM-1Driver Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.