Freight Broker Salary

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by crankshaft90, Oct 3, 2016.

1. crankshaft90

crankshaft90 Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Midwest
    Hello!

I am questioning how much dispatchers are paid. As a freight broker "dispatcher", I want to know how others are paid. I am in a different situation from most agents, where I do not receive a commission but rather a salary.. I would like to know if there are others like me or if there are agents out there receiving commissions from accounts that are not their own. For example, if you work on a single or multiple accounts that you did not secure for the company.

An example for my daily work day to see if it matches would be like this:

Quote, track shipments, talk to customers to secure freight and approve additional charges like layover or detention, and of course secure a truck through a list of my carriers or a load board.

OONewbie Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. theRookie1

theRookie1 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Do

Do you cold call customers? Or are you already given the customer and you just have to provide them the services?

Freight broker dispatch isn't a real thing. They are completely different positions. We have freight brokers who work on commission and we have dispatchers who just do follow ups but don't cold call for new leads

4. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    Drivers need to be paid more as we are all going to heaven where the streets are paved with Gold. Therefore, we need to be buried with some gold in order to repair any pot hots.

Where Brokers are going they will have no need of Gold as it would all melt anyway.

5. crankshaft90

crankshaft90 Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Midwest

We have a number of customers that we work with, but there generally is no cold calling. i guess what i should be asking is what a fair wage would be for doing this. we work with existing customers to quote, cover, track and report to but we do not in this role activly search for new customers to then work ourselves or have someone else work. As group or individually, we are responsible for the customers freight we book, and we mainly work on an account individually.

6. theRookie1

theRookie1 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2016

In Florida IF YOU ARENT BRINGING in customer you probably should make between 14-17 bucks an hour but if you have to bring in new accounts then 35-42k should be fair.....rates are based on 5 of largest brokerages in florida

7. OONewbie

OONewbie Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Charlotte,NC
    I would be curious how things have worked out for you

Did their guaranteed agent placement work? Did you get placed ?

Any follow up information you can provide would be great

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.