freightliner electrial issue

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by speedi235, Nov 21, 2015.

1. speedi235

speedi235 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2015
    so I got a 2007 Columbia with a c-15 cat all my interior lights are dim and I am only getting 8.2 volts on the iso wire in the fuse box now this is what I have don so far I cleaned all the ground wires yes the one in the floor on the drivers side behind the kick panel too cleaned the battery to checked the hidden 50amp fuse on the pass side floor behind the harness replaced the lvd and all the fuses in the battery box only the iso circuit has low volts so I put a jumper wire with a 10 am fuse in it that lasted a week and it burned the fuse out I don't want to bridge this circuit for fear of burning the truck down I have searched all the places I can think of where the wires may have melted together or could have been pinched now if I turn the head lights on with the doot open and interior lights on they get bright then go dim again and yes I checked the fuse box behind the drivers seat too and I been doing this a long time and do most of my own repairs I have been over every inch of this truck the only thing I can think is a hidden wire issue there are no xtra lights added or any extra things added inside like tv or microwave its all factory one thing I did find is a 25 amp fuse in the fuse box with power on both legs or both sides with the fuse removed still trying to find out what that controls i have seen this problem on other web site but most of them complain of no interior lights in cab or sleeper I have power for interior lights and power outlets cab and sleeper it just not 12 volts it is 8.2volts

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    Try the low voltage cut off switch it may be on r. side panel behind pass. seat,

4. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Check you're can power is probably ####ed up it goes from starter to behind the pass wiper make sure you're eating good power coming in the cab first

5. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Pull up and remove your cup holder below radio. Look down to see if you have a low voltage disconnect module. (looks like a small radio amplifier) Connect the 2 large white wires together. If you don't have a module...........I am going to have to do some thinking!

6. speedi235

speedi235 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2015
    you are refering to the low voltage disconnect ? if so I replaced it already it is in the dash below the cup holder

7. speedi235

speedi235 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2015

8. speedi235

speedi235 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2015
    replaced it already .

9. speedi235

speedi235 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2015

10. speedi235

speedi235 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2015
    how many power wires come in to the cab I have 4 power wires on the fuse box 3 of them are showing 12.9 volts and one is showing 8.2 volts some only come on when the key is on the one that's on or hot at all times is the one that's only got 8.2 volts I have been all over this truck and cant seem to find the problem I am thinking I got a wire grounding out some where in the wiring harness its self but not sure where to start looking

11. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    I think you have a shorting wire some place. It's acting like a resistor and dropping your voltage. I would get a meter that measures voltage. Now start pulling fuses until the voltage goes back to 12 volts. That may tell you what circuit wires to look at.

Also keep the meter on and start moving wires under the dash and under the hood and see if anything effects the meter.

You may also want to pull the + wire off the starter and alternator. There may be a short inside those.

mgrantes Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.