Fun times @ SNI team board

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Cledus Snow, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Cledus Snow

Cledus Snow Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Small handful of loads available within 500 miles in northwest. All .79-.82 to SoCal and 1 hazmat @ 1.10. What to do?

So I wait it out, and as usual nothing new, and all loads are now gone. 1 load left.

Yes people, ONE load available with in 500 miles in the northwest. And this includes Northern California.

So 1000 mile dh to SoCal it is...

And this isn't unusual, had to deadhead over 400 miles to Laredo Monday because of lack/cheap freight in the Dallas area.

This fun on top of the last three loads required a trailer hunt, the last one which had me running all over one of the most dangerous cities in America all night and cost me 4 1/2 hours off my log and who knows how much fuel.

Please, no more #####ing about the solo board allowed.:)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    91B20H8 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
  4. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    I'm on the half team board because those are the rates I'm seeing more often too.

Cledus Snow and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  5. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    When I spoke to the head of the team department the guy flat out told me the Pacific Northwest is dead and dont go there unless you have a load out.

Cledus Snow Thanks this.
  6. Cledus Snow

Dec 13, 2015
    Well i do know of one, that was my back up load. I never saw it, so either it didn't book this week, or the most likely answer is it was taken.

I have noticed things don't last lately. I listen to you guys talk about .0001 seconds. This board things stick around for a minute. You can plan what you want to do. Not this week, gone in .0001 seconds, even the stool loads.

I read the post from gentle roger, I guess things are slow, and we're in the slow part of summer.

7. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Things stick around there because it's all cheap freight, nobody is in a hurry to jump on $1.20 load to Texas lol

Cledus Snow Thanks this.
  8. Cledus Snow

Dec 13, 2015
    No that's the good loads lol, Phoenix to LA for $1. Or PA to Midwest for .90 cheap over here.

9. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Those lanes pay the same over here

10. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Once upon a time we could plan loads and they'd still be available after looking ahead for next load, then too many people came on board and the freight didn't expand with the choice board, now the markets soft and all us Drivers are fighting over fewer and cheaper loads but of course 20 times a day I hear advertising from SNI on Sirius about the pick your own freight owner operator board. They'll even set you up with a truck.

I'd say they're more interested in leasing trucks than hauling freight!!!

11. Cledus Snow

Dec 13, 2015
    Well selling trucks...that's another revenue stream, ditto fuel from the pilots, ect...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.