Fuse Location for Fridge 12 volt socket Prostar

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Damaged_Goods, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Damaged_Goods

Damaged_Goods Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Hey, Does anyone know exactly where the fuse is for the fridge 12 volt socket in a 2016 international prostar?
    my coleman cooler stopped working while plugged in it after a week. Its not the cooler because i plugged it in the under the bunk 12 volt socket and the cooler works fine.
    I cannot tell by the owners manual what fuse directly correlates to that specific socket. like there a listing thats says... POWER SOURCE 20A... WTF Really? I consider all the 12 volt sockets to be "power sources" How vague can they be....
    Anyway the "power source" fuse is ok for whatever power that applies to.
    So im at a loss to which fuse corresponds to the fridge outlet ( you know the one above cabinet that has TV connection to it)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Left cargo compartment.

4. Damaged_Goods

Damaged_Goods Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Need more specific information. Got that it's the cargo compartment. Could you narrow it down even more for me, please. Is it labeled "power source 20A" or no? All the fuses in luggage compartment appear by looks to be ok... So I don't know what gives....why there is no power to that particular 12 volt outlet...there was power than all of sudden there wasn't....I need to figure out what's going on...so if you know what they "generically" named it on the fuse box diagram that would help tremendously with my troubleshooting.....thanks in advance

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    It's a 10 amp fuse. I can't remember if there is a sticker on the inside of the cover or not. Might be a diagram of the fuse layout in your owners manual. Make sure you are checking your fuses with a test light. Don't go by visual, easy to miss the small break. If all your fuses have power then check for power at the plug with a test light.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.