Going for my CDL permit???

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by survivorman, Aug 28, 2016.

1. survivorman

survivorman Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Well I got my medical form, now I am ready to get my permit and then I can start driving at my school. Now can I also take the tests for the tanker, hazmat and combination vehicles endorsements or do I have to have my CDL first? In Pennsylvania is only the general knowledge and air brakes tested on the permit exam? I also want to get my TWIC card. I don't plan on using any of these LMFAO, but I figure I may look a little better to companies... seeing how I have a 3 year old dui ill try anything.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Don't put your cart before the horse here.

4. Waggledaddy

Waggledaddy Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Get your CDL before you think about TWIC. You might not need it anyway. May just be wasted money. Tanker and doubles and triples endorsement is just a written test you can get before you get your CDL. Hazmat you'll have to wait for your CDL. In my state you can take it that day. I didn't get it though. Most companies will reimburse you for it if you get it. I may get it soon. We'll see. But as Trooper said, take it easy. One thing at a time.

5. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    You're going to have a tough time with a 3 year old DUI finding a company willing to take a chance on you. Get your CDL. Don't worry about the other stuff until you find that company. Then get what they need. Or all of it. Up to you. They know those tests aren't all that difficult.

Just my opinion.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  6. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    You need to take general knowledge, air brakes and combination vehicle test to get a class A CLP.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Carolina Cargo and TransAm will both hire him.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  8. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Good Luck!!! Keep us posted!!! :)

9. survivorman

survivorman Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2014
    so I got my medical but just got my eyes checked again doc gave me a stronger prescription now. I have karatoconus.. but with the glasses I have 20/20.. will this kara stuff be a problem in the future?

10. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Never heard of it. But as long as you can pass a vision test with corrective lenses, you're good.

11. Waggledaddy

Waggledaddy Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2016
    I don't know much about that. But to my knowledge if you have 20/20 you're fine. It doesn't even have to be that good. But you will be required to wear them while driving. If you're caught without them it'll be a hefty ticket.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.