Going Over the Road with Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Misesian, May 23, 2014.

1. jcarey10

jcarey10 Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Is it really worth staying out that long? As soon as I could I got a local job that I only work 4 days, home every night and any day after my 4th is time and a half. Still grossing over a thousand like I did with knight, but more enjoyable for me. Everyone is different though

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    3 weeks is a good number if you are OTR. I stay out 4 simply because I like staying out. I normally run on recaps rarely getting a reset and great miles doing it. Some local jobs pay similar to what I can make but I am not interested in it right now. Every driver is different. I really enjoy OTR.

4. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    This load from NC to Memphis has me between 64-65k gross. What a difference. I am parked a few miles from the customer and sitting at 9.1 mpg on this run. After this I have a load to Temple, TX and I am told there are loads out of Waco to either Joplin or Springfield, MO to get me in for time off.

Fajo Thanks this.
  5. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    2750 miles this week. Less than 5000 miles to go to hit 30000 for the quarter. My bonus should be about 1500 gross if I can hit 30k miles.

Fajo and Drew352 Thank this.
  6. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Trying to get used to this new format for the website, Don't know why everything just seems fisher price and to busy. But meh Ill get used to it.

7. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I don't care for it either.
    All done finally. Taking the dog out of the truck tomorrow so I can clean it to meet my standards again. Few days off and back to work Sunday. Can't wait to sit back and enjoy a few beers.

Fajo Thanks this.
  8. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Heading out tomorrow. Got a three stopper to Texas, Nebraska, and a final in Denver. I haven't looked at it yet but I don't think I will have it delivered by Tuesday at 1000 when payroll ends. I will have a short week from going home but next week is going to be a big one as it will be one day into the pay period and have over 1300 miles on it.

9. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Heading to TX right now then to MO. I am being routed through fort smith to get a student. They have been hounding me to train. I told them I would try it out. He should be with me 3-4 weeks until I go in for time off again.

Drew352 Thanks this.
  10. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Training can be a good and it can be bad. If you get a decent trainee that wants to learn and wants to drive it can be a decent experience for both of you as you can really knock out the miles once he is comfortable. On the other note if you get a trainee that wants to drive just 200 miles aday and then shut down it can be a total nightmare.

Only advice I have on this subject at all is that you are both adults and both should be treated as such, I keep running into trainers that seem to think they are gods gift to man and the trainee is there slave.

11. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    We are doing well. He had a CDL from a CDL school and had driven a friends truck to Joplin and back a few times. He knows how to handle one and his backing is decent.
    I am just teaching him how to see things. He has problems seeing road signs, merging traffic, changing traffic patterns. And his shifting needs a little work. Not too bad though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.