Going Over the Road with Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Misesian, May 23, 2014.

1. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I have to pickup at a gypsum mine later. That should be interesting.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Hope you have a broom! :p

4. OverDrive

General Q to any Knight driver viewing this thread:

"Speaking of needing a 'broom,' does Knight still p/u rolled-hay bales & bulk alfalfa pellets in UT for delivery near the port in L.A.? Even with a broom, drivers still need to wash out trailers at the 1-horse truck stop off of Bandini b4 picking up "any"other load going forth!! A long, dry out w/doors open is needed as MANY local customers are wise to those loads and wont load a Knight trailer following these unloads due to odor, etc."

Btw, after getting rejected by a metal can customer the 1st time, I learned to let the trlr dry out overnight w/open doors and then used a full can of Fabreeze on the entire inside to get loaded the next day...;);)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  5. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    They tried to stick haybail load on me once and I gave them the finger. Same with gyps, nether of that crap belongs in a refeer and dealing with the aftermath aint worth the time. Somethings we haul I will never understand. Better suited for a flat bed but then again maybe we pissed off all the good custs. :p or they just see $$ in front of those.

6. OverDrive

I would think due to contamination, vermin, bacteria et al that nothing but food products shud be allowed in reefers!?

EDIT: Altho I did p/u a load of electronic assys during the summer once that crossed from Mex to Calexico that were refeered to 75 F

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  7. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    They use a hydraulic lift to shake out the trailer. Will be getting a washout shortly. Then I am going empty near Reno for next pickup going back to Cali.

8. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Racking up some major empty miles here lately.

9. OverDrive

One good thing about reefers is that they dont have the same inside wood siding that can hold moisture & odors as a dry van...much easier to clean.

Speaking of the variety of loads OTR drivers carry, once at a family reunion someone asked me "what all did I carry as a trucker?" Having carried reefers for a Swift o/o fleet as well as many assorted, unconventional bulk loads for Knight, my answer w/o thinking about it was "Everything but hanging meat." :p

10. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I attempted to park in a dirt lot at a "truck stop" in Turlock but got stuck. I had to get winched out. I said forget this and went a few miles backwards to the TA instead. I can't wait for a shower. I am covered in gypsum and sand.

11. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I carry hanging meat everyday!!!! I'm here all week..... Try the veal......

OverDrive Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.