Going Over the Road with Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Misesian, May 23, 2014.

1. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Know Pistachio nuts are relatively expensive for nuts, and 98% of the US Pistachios are grown in the CA San Joaquin Valley and take about 1 gal H2O/nut in the emergency drought ridden CA, so may not be a "High Value" load (usually worth in the Millions of $) but could also be "High Risk" being in demand by thieves!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  4. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Rather not than take 5 to LA and around to 10 I took 58 to Barstow, 247 south, 62E, 177S, to 10 over to Phoenix and it was so much better. And 20 miles shorter.

Fajo Thanks this.
  5. OverDrive

Its the ONLY way to go!! I ran Western Regional out of Phx and discovered "the back way" thru the high Mojave Desert many years ago (if going east bound, beats I5 to I210 to I10, and also 58 to I15 to I215 to 210 to I10, and vice versa going west bound). Miss 2 scales, and the Tehachapi east bound scales on 58 are usually closed after 6 pm, so no scales that way until hit AZ on I10, which 9/10 times will Pre-pass you. Bypass all of the eastern L.A. burbs as well, but watch out for the speed trap off of 247 around Lucerne Valley! They are looking for the belly dumps coming out of the mines near Big Bear.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  6. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    No worries. I was doing 57 the whole way. I rode a couple hills up to 62 and would back it back down. I saw a few cops out there.

7. OverDrive

Yeah. several 8% grade 'dipsy-doodles' (couple north of Yucca Valley & also one about 7 miles north/west of Lucerne Valley) you have to hit with some speed..I use to run it at 59-60 mph and top out on the hills at 64-65 short duration.

8. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    This week is going to be rough. I ran 840 miles so far and it's Friday. Unless they get a master plan together this will be a really short week. He tells me it is dead as far as reefer freight goes out here.

9. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    If your in Cali still or even Phx, he aint joking. I had a chance to look at the boards and yes its dead, Had 17 trucks sitting in S cali today. Advice would be to stay out of the South West for a week until it picks back up, If you can even get out. I would hate to be the planner that dropped the ball on this one!

10. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Sheesh. Kinda glad I never went reefer now with Knight.

11. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Lol, has nothing to do with that to be honest, this can happen anywhere. We just ended up being really short on loads in that area. All the trucks are moving as of today im sure. Depending on what terminals those drivers were out of they will be compisated for there time.

Lightside Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.