Going Over the Road with Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Misesian, May 23, 2014.

1. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Lease it with Knight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 77Ford

77Ford Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Oklahoma City
    Sounds like the perfect setup for you.

4. Chewbongka

Chewbongka Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2015
    It's even the right color for knight reefer.

My long term plan is to buy a tractor and either stay with Knight or go with another carrier. For some reason I thought Knight was picky about what kind of trucks they allow to sign on. I did see and old Pete 379 at the Atlanta yard but I assumed it was just one of their older trucks a driver bought years ago.

5. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    You can still find a few of the old Petes around. After talking with owner op recruiting they don't seem picky. As long as the truck can got to California and pass a DOT inspection you're good to go. Don't quote me on the California part though. That was more implied than required when I spoke to them.

6. Chewbongka

Chewbongka Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2015
    That's good news, buying an older truck would be preferable. Right now I run up and down the Midwest and east coast and have no desire to go to CA.

7. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Nice truck Mes, Also if the gearing ends up not working at some later time its pretty simple to change out the rear's hell if you did it all Tranny and rears its 10-15k, so when it comes time to rebuild that part you can hone it however you like. It looks in awesome shape, just make sure to stock money away.

Misesian Thanks this.
  8. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

I'm not much on 'flat tops' having driven a Pete 379 but prefer the more 'open' feel of Volvo (same with the Centurys). Several times when driving out west in the daytime with no traffic around me, I got up from my seat and walked around to get something while on cruise w/one hand on the steering wheel!:biggrin_25523:

9. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    O god, The sad part is I would believe this, I have seen drivers do this, AS I WAS FREAKIN PASSING them no less.

10. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

You don't expect a driver trying to make time to stop his truck just to open his microwave and get out his popcorn, do you?!! :p

bigred81 and Fajo Thank this.
  11. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I finally got the tattoo finished today.
    image.png

jomar68, MANXimus and Fajo Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.