Going Over the Road with Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Misesian, May 23, 2014.

1. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    See, I keep hearing things like this that things are going to be slow, my last three weeks have been 3800, 3150, 3280. I just dont see the slow down that they keep predicting.

Now what I do see is companys that have screwed customers over the years by being late, not showing or just simply going with the mentality that this customer is more important then this one. Now seem to be paying a huge price.

The customers that my current company has had for years and always bent over backwards for are the ones now in turn taking care of us.

Mega's dug their own hole, now frankly they can sleep in it.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Kinda like saying...you get what you pay for... Lol

Fajo Thanks this.
  4. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    My load in Beaumont didn't ship yesterday. No way I will be in Arkansas on the 8th to get my truck. Will probably be 2-3 days behind. The girl in shipping unloaded on me about how much she can't stand the dispatch/load planners at Knight. She says this happens a lot. I wouldn't say a lot of customers say that but I hear it once or twice a week when I show up at these places.

5. Chewbongka

Chewbongka Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2015
    There is about 183 different sectors that make up the US economy. If your business is involved with the manufacture, shipping, and selling of bread, eggs, and milk there is little chance you will see a slow down since those commodities will always be in demand.

Historically in election years most businesses hold their cards tight and don't make any long term plans to expand until after the election. This is just good common sense from a investor perspective since the bigger industries have a stake on their growth if their chosen candidate gets elected.

Now you may be doing well and will continue to do so but out of those 180+ different sectors the majority are showing a slowdown so my point to the original poster was to be conservative and keep doing what your doing if it's paying the bills.

OverDrive Thanks this.
  6. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I showed up at my delivery today and the guy says, what are you doing here? I could barely squeeze the truck in there. I told him I have a load full of oil drums for you. Turns out they ordered one drum of this stuff and the customer shipped 59. I had to follow the guy across town, drive across a small field, and have them fork it off into a small warehouse. The place looked like it hadn't been used in a long time. They kept it all but the boss guy didn't look too happy. Those drums had their warehouse about full. And we had to cut my lock off. It was seized up and I ended up breaking both my keys off in it trying to open it. Fun morning.

Fajo and Rugerfan Thank this.
  7. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Lol that's funny. One time there were 6 of us that we're told too load hay in Blythe and be in Tulare and 7 am sharp the next day. We all bust ### to get loaded and up there. Show up and the farmer looks at us cross eyed. Turns out he only wanted a sample of the hay and somehow that got misconstrued into 6 loads

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    Fajo Thanks this.
  8. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    If a lock seizes on u again try dousing it in WD40 this will normally break it lose. :) glad to here your alive Mes.

9. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    They sprayed something in it. Not WD but something similar. It wouldn't budge. We used an angle grinder to get it off.

Fajo Thanks this.
  10. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Cleaned out my company truck tonight. I get mine from the dealer tomorrow and move everything in it. This thing smells great and looks great. You wouldn't know it has had a dog in it for the past 6 months.

Fajo Thanks this.
  11. Chewbongka

Chewbongka Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Congrats! Looking forward to your updates on how the lease goes with Knight.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.