Good Mileage on used truck

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by trucko, May 21, 2016.

1. trucko

trucko Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2015
    So I am new to this, but when I asked experienced people they told me either you buy truck with mileage significantly below 400K or above 600K. Don't buy truck when mileage is between 400K and 600K

The idea behind is that Truck will start having serious repare problems around 500K but after 600K if truck is running it was probably fixed. and under 400K you still have miles remaining to make money and then fix.

So what's your idea. I met two newbie owner operators who were happy that they purchased trucks at low price. Both trucks were close to 500K. In few days one truck already got check engine light and it cost owner 1500 to repair the other still runs without problems. So it might be somewhat true?

truckthatpassesyouby Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. justa_driver

justa_driver Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Tennessee
    My only addition to what youve already been told is if you buy one thats over 600k, try to find one that has been overhauled, or at least inframed.

4. trucko

trucko Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2015
  5. Syd'sTrucking

Syd'sTrucking Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2013
    More importantly buy one 2003 or older. Lot less problems. Preferably one with a cat. Very reliable and going 2 million miles relatively problem free is definitely possible providing it was properly maintained.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.