Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    I have no problem with short loads as long as the turn around is quick ... I've done as many as 8 loads in a week. And I actually prefer live loads. My detention rate is very lucrative ... Made $200 off detention alone last week ... $1800 ytd.

pumpkinhead and HousTank Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Here at the 1st stop in Frisco. Today got a offer from Command, 197 mt and according to them 1469 loaded for a rate of $2k. Did some fast figuring and looked up delivery on mapquest and they were off y about 169 miles. Actually 1306 miles. Going to where I really do not like, the upper New York area, but with that rate of $1.33/mi for all miles I jumped on it. Then right after I did, I get a pplan from Swift, 815 miles for the weekend. Of course refused and reason, better offer from Command. Then a message to call, so I did, and I just asked them and told them, yesterday you plan me on 1500 miles for 3.5 days and then I loose it and you offer me 815 miles for 3 days and command offers me 1669 miles for 3.5 days, well, I pay for this truck. Be sitting with almost 2500 miles on Monday or sitting with 1600 miles on Monday. No brainer

4. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Well thanks to my final stop taking 3 hours to unload 16 pallets, actually 8 since they were double stacked, lost the $2k load. After it was pulled Swift sends me 4 day 1200 mile load to Tuesday to Pontiac, MI for Tuesday morning and then a load from Toledo to Denver for Friday. Another 2000 mile week. Then from Denver I have one going to IGH for Sunday and they are sure that they can get me a MOM load to SLC for Wednesday. We shall see since my DM goes on vacation next week and I never have good luck when a DM is on vacation. Now sitting in Lancaster since my load does not pick up until 1000 tomorrow. Right after I accepted the Swift loads command calls me and says that the customer changed their mind and wants me to pick it up as soon as can get there. I think that they could not find anyone else. Sorry, already committed. This is the 2nd decent load that I have lost due to shipper or receiver delays in 2 weeks

5. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Hagerstown, MD.

I got a reposition load to VA.
    After I shut down last night I get a message that it has been rescheduled for Sunday at 2230, so I figure there might not be any loads when I get there and take my time getting up.
    A couple hours into my drive this morning I get a couple messages asking if I had picked up the load yet because the shipper said the trailer was still there. Huh?
    I waste time talking to ECT and CSR and a night DM in Fontana before I find out that they are working on the plans for my load when I get there. They were using the same load number as my reposition dispatch.
    I keep going until I'm too low on fuel and stop to call. They can't fuel me because I had been t-called in VA already, even though I was still 240 miles away and it was only supposed to be a reposition.

They had changed the destination on my load to somewhere in GA, making it a regular trip instead of a reposition.
    But they never informed me about any of it.
    When I hadn't picked up early that morning (even though I had until 1200) they t-called me and gave it to another driver, again without telling anyone.

What a day.

HousTank Thanks this.
  6. HousTank

HousTank Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Man, Moose!! That's a load of BS to put up with. Inform the driver?? Nah, screw 'em, what do we care!! We go home every night.

Camped at the T/A in Grand Bay, AL.

Delivered my paper load in McDonough, GA this morning..this seriously HOT 30-ish gal unloaded my 30 pallets in about 20 minutes. Awesome!!

Took off from there and rolled to Newnan, GA to the pet supply place, most of us have probably been, to pickup a preloaded 3-stop going home to Houston. I get to the gate for security to witness the load securement. Broke the seal and opened the trailer...WTF!!

We both looked at each other and said No Way!! These tools had a 8' high pallet of dogfood (with one layer of poly wrap) sitting by itself at the end of the trailer in the middle. Six feet of space to the doors and nothing on either side. AND it was already leaning like it was ready to fall. Management said they'd break down to two and put them side by side. Gee thanks!!

Took me two hours to get in and out.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  7. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    Picked up a preloaded trailer from the Lowe's DC in Cheyenne. 43.5K in the box, had to slide the tandems ALL THE WAY BACK in order to get it legal. Oh Joy!

Since I don't have to be in Las Cruces, NM til Sunday afternoon AND the fact that I flat refuse to deal with Friday afternoon Denver I'm sitting at the J in Cheyenne. I'll leave early tomorrow morning and slip through Denver before they can wake up.

8. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I know.
    It seems the right hand never knows what the left is doing with some of these people.
    Personally, I think some of them need more frequent drug testing.

Later this afternoon I finally got another load.
    The mt miles were 80, but it is 330 miles away. But then, I was already paid for those miles by being t-called so it is even. It's 80 miles past where I would have been. I deliver in Chambersburg, PA tomorrow night at the Target DC.

I'm glad it isn't 'surge' time. I've been assigned there twice, and both times they have shorted me on money.
    The last time I made some good money for those few weeks, but they still hosed me out of a few days pay at the end.

HousTank Thanks this.
  9. jenziedk

jenziedk Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    I'm sitting in the Lancaster yard. Still recuperating from exhaustion.

10. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Well get your rest. Pulling out around 0830. Need to stop for coffee at the Loves before onto Ft. Worth since I can not stop for another 200 miles after loaded. Hope that they do not mind me stopping at 200.89 miles from where I pick up this load so I can get some cheap fuel before getting into AR.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  11. jenziedk

jenziedk Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    Shame I missed you. Walked up front for a drink and dinner, thought you might be up here.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.