Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. jenziedk

jenziedk Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    I called ECT and had the load pulled for that reason. The shops that tell drivers that kind of garbage are why we always get stuck with problems when we find them.

Now I have to decide between dealing with a coolant leak now or waiting until I take my week at Christmas.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Good on you ! I would still call in and report it . They need to understand what we deal with when we pull in to one of their shops and the adverse effects of their shops being staffed by completely worthless idiots .

Depending on how much coolant you're losing it may be okay to wait but if its more than a gallon over 1k miles it would be a concern . If you stay on top of it you might be able to get by since most of the trucks have a 10 gallon capacity .

4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    N. Little Rock, AR.
    Shut down for a couple days because I got sick.

My PTA was reset for me at 1000 tomorrow, which I'm fine with so far. I am getting better and should be OK to drive tomorrow.
    I was sent a pplan sending me 170 miles to a Walmart DC to pick up an mt.
    Well, I already have an mt from the repower of my last load. I guess they didn't get the memo.
    I got it removed, but no real load offering yet.

5. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Leaving out today for Fruita then for 2 weeks I will be running DC Cabela's to DC, then start CD in WI to the stores

6. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

I've been running team with a friend of mine for the past several months. She got her Academy commitment completed (six months for teaming), and we're going to run solo for a while. We'll be running surge at Target for a while. I plan on staying at Target (but mentoring); she's going to run something regional closer to home (Texas).

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  7. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Well, MsJamie, it sounds like you have things set for a while.
    I'll be avoiding any surge driving this year I think. I'm not at all crazy about it, even though the money is good.

8. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    What is surge driving?

9. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    If you run surge for Target you will get 1 or 2 loads per day delivering to Target stores in that area.
    You would be helping out with extra freight during the busy holiday season.

Pretty easy work, and you are paid each day a certain set amount - no mileage pay - whether you run a load(s) or not. Well, unless you take a day off or are doing a 34.
    The last time I worked that account we were paid $240 per day. It adds up pretty quickly.
    (Once they actually get you into the system, and when they get it right, and you may be shorted several days when you leave...)

I did it a couple times, which is when I met MsJamie. She was on that Target account the last time I did it.

I've done that stuff for Walmart as well.

But every time I've 'helped out' in those situations I have been shorted in pay. Sometimes by several hundred dollars. That's why I'll avoid it in the future.
    Plus, I like running OTR much better than being stuck in the same area for weeks on end.

SHOJim Thanks this.
  10. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Swift Terminal, SLC. Starting Cabela's dedicated in the morning. Picked up a load out of Chandler, AZ the other day that was supposed to be 20K to Fruita, CO that turned out to be 37K, and what fun up to Fruita that was and picked up one in Fruita coming here that said 40K and when scaled it for t-call I grossed out at 67K, and even the bills said 40,320. Ohh well

11. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Fruita The Loom?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.