Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Both 90 and 190 as well as LA 10 were flooded and impassable last Sunday and Monday when I was trying to get through. I stay in the southeastern states where there's consistent freight and go through one direction or the other weekly to and from Laredo. It would have been idiocy to try nearby US or state highway detours when the interstates and the rest of the south Louisiana swamp was under water.

Be careful going through there because its raining again and the roads will be at risk until the rivers and creeks crest and the area flooding can drain to the Gulf.

Frank

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    It was no problem getting to Denver from Cheyenne - a pallet load from Walmart DC in Loveland to Denver today.
    Leann is back home now. Her school starts Monday so there was plenty of time.

When I delivered the load in Cheyenne today there was a note with the Mac 5 acknowledgement that told me to bt out because the customer was short on empties.
    No problem.
    Then the place they were sending me to get an mt was the same Walmart DC that I was picking up at.
    Try and figure the logic.
    I told my DM and asked to be dispatched bobtail, since...
    He said to go there and try to pick it up bobtail. If they let me he would dispatch me bobtail.
    I did, they did, so he did.

4. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    Just a few snapshots of the area Monday night,took those screenshots in case my dispatcher or office wanted to make a case out of my being late(I wasn't) I'll only make it as far as Baton Rouge (going west)today....then plan from there

Attached Files:

5. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    @A21CAV at frog city in rayne la as I type.....ettouffe is yummy...need to try the gumbo next time....

A21CAV and inkeper Thank this.
  6. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    I was sent to the same customer I was picking up for an MT. The person at the inbound window said something to the effect of "You're kidding....right?"

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  7. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    The seafood gumbo is outstanding! I'm headed to FL from Laredo and stopped in Cove, TX. Was hoping to make it to Rayne, my usual first stop so I'm gonna miss out on cajun this time but I'll catch it on the way back. BTW, the place across the street from Frog City is way cheaper and pretty good.

8. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    It's happened a few times to me, and it never ceases to amaze me.
    Granted, the address was a bit different. But it was to the same Walmart DC.

On home time in Denver until Sunday morning.
    I got Leann back home yesterday, made chicken curry for them today, and tomorrow most of us will be going to Boondocks for some fun.
    Saturday I need to get the truck in the shop for a CA bit inspection. I'm on hold until I do, and I want to get out of here Sunday.

I'm really liking my 'new' ProStar (it's a 15...). So far it has shown no problems, aside from being a bear with the shifting.
    The ride and the extra room inside are both very nice. It also has better 12V plugs than the Volvo.
    And the seat is much easier on my back. With the Volvo there was always a spot in my lower back that ached, but not with the ProStar.

I call it my demon truck, because of the number.
    Each 2 consecutive numbers add up to 6. So, 6-6-6.
    Only 4 numbers are used, and none repeat.
    The first two are obvious - 15.
    Can you work out the other 4, and the order?

Here is another hint:
    2 of the numbers are used twice, 2 only once. And 1 number isn't even considered a number by many people.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  9. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    I like prostars, provided they have the correct engine in them.

10. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

150615/150651/151506/151560.

156015/156051 are possible, but I don't think that the 15s went to 156xxx.

The other two permutations (155106/155160) are rules out by "none repeat".

scottied67 Thanks this.
  11. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

I had a pickup in Lexington, KY yesterday, and finally picked up a Truckfridge TF-41 portable. Almost the same size as the Coleman PowerChill, but performance wise, there's no comparison.

They are a bit pricey at $500, but I've probably had that much food go bad over the last three years. Plus, I've had to replace the outer fan the times, the inner fan once, and the power cord itself once.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.