Got a 9.7 inch GPS, because Jill likes to send me down stop light boulevard to save a half mile

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Diantane, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Diantane

Diantane Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Alderson, WV
    Looked at the $500 Rand McNally tablet and read that it was just a cheap tablet that ran a cheaper android GPS app. Already had an iPad 3 which has a 9.7 inch display. Downloaded the Co-Pilot app for ($149). Co-Pilot allows you to avoid back roads and stay on Interstates more often.

Bought a bracket that uses one of the passenger seat bolts and holds the iPad to the right of the Qualcomm from Amazon ($35). Hooked up a 12 volt power outlet to the CB power terminals. Then a Y-adapter plugs into this to power both the iPad and my satellite radio. This keeps the two 12 volt outlets below free to use. The satellite radio also plugs into the aux port on the radio so I used a Y-adapter so I could also plug in the iPad for sound (the volume from the iPad speaker is too low to I hear while driving). You can still adjust the GPS volume if you are listening to the music LOUDLY .

Still use Jill's nav system to find OC's and addresses using location numbers, but she has lost her nav job after costing me hundreds of dollars in lost time. Sorry Jill.

PS The CB also shares this circuit with the Qualcomm on a 25 amp fuse which is more than enough to run all devices.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    centralmi Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
  4. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    I have no problem with navigo... It has saved me money.

5. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    If it works, work it ..

fanart_8_rainbowrockin2_by_joshng-d8movm7.gif

AModelCat Thanks this.
  6. Drifter42

Drifter42 Hopper Heartache

Dec 4, 2011
    Seymour IN
    Jill is good when you are close to the customer for the most part. Better with truck entrances and such, but I use my rand Mcnally gps and my laminated one. Whatever works for you best is the way to go.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.