Grocery Haulers Hazleton Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by rabbiporkchop, Jul 30, 2016.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    So far I've been here a little over a month and even doing yard jockey work I'm averaging $800 a week after taxes which is a lot better than I was doing at YRC doing line haul or p&d work. For someone that doesn't mind working long hours to make a decent paycheck the money is there and the work is there. 75 to $80,000 a year seems to be about average for the drivers over here but they do work long hours but it's all a hundred percent legal and they are home every day. For someone who just wants to put the bare minimum 8 hours per day in to get their Teamsters benefits this is not the company for you.
    It also happens to be Teamsters Local 463 which has negotiated a much better contract than Teamsters Local 401 so the dental benefits are much much better.
    Top rate is $26 an hour and $0.52 a mile and once you show up at your dispatch time you are on the clock getting paid even if the load is not ready to take

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    You average $800 a week moving trailers around and you call that a decent paycheck? For a yard guys paycheck that sounds more like an extraordinary paycheck. Sometimes I do wonder why some of them look happy and others look depressing. You must be the smiley kind.

4. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Coming from the North Dakota oil fields there's no such thing as a decent paycheck on the East Coast but if I put things into perspective and look at how bad things are for other people I'm pretty content at the moment.

tnt440 and truckthatpassesyouby Thank this.
  5. BFL123

BFL123 Light Load Member

May 27, 2012
    gaffney, sc
    Who does grocery haulers move freight for up there in Hazleton? Thanks

6. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Bimbo Bakeries. The guys on this account used to work directly for Stroehmann before Bimbo bought them out. To keep their jobs and seniority, they had to switch companies once the takeover was done.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    Reason for edit: Takeover
    BFL123 Thanks this.
  7. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    We haul bread out to depots and drop and hook and bring empty baskets back to Hazleton.

BFL123 Thanks this.
  8. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Here is an update. After driving all week, minus union dues, here is my check for last week @ 80% rate.
    [​IMG]

Not too bad for sleeping in my own bed every night. I even got a 9am start time 5 days a week.
    After 5 years I'll be at full rate.

9. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I just ran from Hazleton pa to Olean Ny to Sayre pa and back to Hazleton yesterday. 541 miles with 25 minutes left on the clock. I couldn't help but poke fun at the YRC guys at my old job..
    [​IMG]

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  10. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    It's been kinda slow the last couple weeks, but even after taxes I can still pay my bills. At full rate these checks would be over $1000 each. 20161015_215224.jpg

11. Dsparil

Dsparil Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Resurrecting this thread. Still curious about grocery haulers. Checked their website for info. I’ll be at 3 years experience next July. How’s the company working out for you now in 2019? What are the start times? They still got you doing full 14 hours?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.