Handing over your log book when off duty

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by KANSAS TRANSIT, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    o_O A DOT bear on TTR......
    I imagine a lynch mob forming with old~tyme torches and pitch forks!

Joking, Joking

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wild Murphy

Wild Murphy HAPPY TRUCK DRIVER

Mar 25, 2014
    Ha ha. I don't think so. But remember, you made sure that you posted that you will have "no sympathy". I still believe you have a disdain for the trucking industry by your post. You're the man, buddy.

Mr.X Thanks this.
  4. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Well we used to have a dot bear posting alot awhile back, until some of these truck stop lawyers tried to tell him how his job worked.
    He would take the time to even post the code for his deal.
    He got so tired of them he left. I kinda miss Diesel Bear.
    Murphy I think just likes to wind people up because he has nothing else to do....

5. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    If there's plenty of other parking available then why park where it says not to? Is that really hard to comply with? Now, lets say this is one of those large parking areas in Wyoming and you pulled in because of very poor road conditions and the trucks were all jammed in there like sardines ...I think you'd stand a better chance to just be asked, "hey guy .. There's parking open now ..can you move it over there" and that would be the end of it. But blatant stupidity ... Maybe try reading the signs next time

6. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

^Yup, what He said. Seems that people forget that anyone can read the postings they make in here. Including the lawyer that makes a case against them at some point in time.

7. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    The only time I was ever bothered by an LEO for resting was in Texas in the early 90's. They were going to take over the small parking area along the road and open up a spot DOT check. He let me know I could take off or be a part of the inspection. I just got in the front seat and took off down the road.

8. keitht

keitht Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2012
    USA
    What I have a disdain for is when a driver parks in this clearly posted spot and disregards the 50 good parking spots and believes that rules don't apply to him. Worse still is the fact that now that he's parked here and went to sleep, all the other drivers on the road that are tired and need a place to park, can't because he's blocked them from access to the entire lot. It turns out that some drivers not only have no respect for rules, they also have no respect for other drivers on the road.

9. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Just say "No." Since I generally don't park in places I shouldn't nobody is going to knock on my door for that reason. Therefore if I am off-duty, regardless of the reason, I am not at work. Come back when I am at work (on-duty), or I could drop by their house, maybe on the weekend and they can have a look then. As far as I know, there is no rule compelling a driver to go on duty for the convenience of anyone else.

What I really want to know is if this actually happens, or is this just a persistent trucker myth?

10. Wild Murphy

Wild Murphy HAPPY TRUCK DRIVER

Mar 25, 2014
    I see that by you wanting a man's truck actually towed while he can just move to another spot shows your disdain for other drivers also. My whole point was that the Officer said that the place could be empty and he still didn't use any discretion for that driver because he has no sympathy. Glad you both do everything right. Bet you have wanted a pass on something minor before. Oh wait. It isn't minor now, the officer said it was causing no access now, different story. Ok. Passing thru, I am just giving an opinion. I thought this was a forum for discussion. I called him out about something. I respect his right to respond.

Mikesee Thanks this.
  11. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

Its pretty simple. Dont park in front of a no parking sign.

For whatever reason a lot of drivers dont think laws apply to them. Guess what? You signed up for it. Dont like it? Do us all a favor and go flip burgers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.