Harrisburg Intermodal

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by SRiley77, Sep 27, 2015.

1. SRiley77

SRiley77 Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Hello,

I'm considering making a switch from an OTR refrigerated with a nationally known company to the Harrisburg local Intermodal, and was hoping for some information.

I've seen, in other threads, info about gross pay.
    I'm curious about where deliveries are (usually) made to.. if it's a good situation to get into, basic information about the runs and the general situation with the job.

Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cody1984

Cody1984 Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2014
    PA
    Delivers are made to various customers. I work out of the Harrisburg terminal and we go to a few hundred places for pickups and deliveries. You will have to deal with Baltimore and occasional Washington DC deliveries and pickups but we don't deal with Philly, Pittsburgh, NJ or NY. We do pickup and deliver to customers in MD, WV, Northern VA primarily just Winchester, and once in a blue moon if you work nights DE. I've pickup up before from Mennonites in the middle of nowhere in central PA to going to the port in Baltimore for a load. Now were do we go most frequently if you are local out of Harrisburg? Quaker in Carlisle is number 1 after that it's probably ES3 in York both drop and hooks. Jb Hunt hauls a lot of dry grocery loads in Harrisburg. We don't deal with Hazmat very often. It's mostly drop and hooks with occasional live loads/unloads most of which don't take hours...however every couple of months you'll get a C&S delivery which is a live unload and that takes several hours.

SRiley77 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.