HAT CREEK CARRIERS

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Viceroy1, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Viceroy1

Viceroy1 Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2016
    This broker looks like they're having cashflow problems. 40 Nonpayments negatives so far this month. Keep an eye out if you're hauling for them.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    KANSAS TRANSIT and Terry270 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    Thx for the heads up Viceroy, to be honest I have noticed a LOT of brokers ratings going down? Things getting tight all over?

Terry270 Thanks this.
  4. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Not being a car hauler, but can this be tied to the one major broker offering low rates and the rest are following them

sxdime and KANSAS TRANSIT Thank this.
  5. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    I think it is probably an ebb and flow situation, I have noticed in the past that even reputable broker stretch out payment times this time of year, I also think freight has been down all year long in auto haul, and in the last couple of years there have been almost as many people getting in "brokerage" as have been buying duallys and wedges, at some point, somebody is going to not make it.

VTech, Terry270 and sxdime Thank this.
  6. passingthru69

That has been happening in the heavy haul world. You know you're in trouble when the broker starts off, well it's only 1 pick and 1 drop. Your new too this right, no I've been brokering for xx years. No new to heavy haul brokering. Reply I hear. It's all the same. Me no it's not

VTech, Terry270, sxdime and 1 other person Thank this.
  7. passingthru69

You guys get just about as many new guys here going. How do I get into car hauling, and what rate should I charge
    As we get on the heavy haul thread about wanna be haulers
    Then they get mad at us for telling them do your homework. We don't give out our rates or business model
    Then all of a sudden we are the bad guys and arses

VTech, Terry270, sxdime and 1 other person Thank this.
  8. Viceroy1

Viceroy1 Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Well what happens is they all play "juggle the money". They get an order, collect the full amount up front then pay the truck after the order has been delivered & they get the signed BOL. By the time the orders been moved, they've made more sales and use the money from the next sale they make to pay the previous trucker.. The problem is once "slow" season comes around (basically now unless you're running snowbirds) then it catches up to them.

This doesn't apply to every case, but it does happen more often than not. A previous business partner of mine played that game and got bit. I said it time and again, all it takes is for you to drop the ball on ONE order and then the whole game comes crashing down. So said, so done.

Lesson learned. Never rob "Peters Trucking Co" to pay "Pauls Auto Haul".

9. djbattle

djbattle Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2014
    i have hauled for them at least 30 times over the last 8 years and once 2 months ago usually one of the better ones.i got paid thank god.We will lose all the decent brokers to ushyt.if car hauling keeps going this way im switching to bed bugs

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  10. Terry270

Terry270 Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY
    Us**t has nothing to do with it. Unless something has changed recently I have never heard of any 7+ unit loads on there. As much as I hate uship and the illegals over there they can have all of those cheap POVs that they want and it won't hurt my feelings.

The current state of carhaul is simply down volume and crap brokers exploiting that low volume with low rates.

11. ZMcRaney

ZMcRaney Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2015
    We hauled one for them a few months back and they were late paying, we don't plan on doing business with them again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.