Have to give CR England some credit.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by The Patriot, Oct 5, 2015.

1. The Patriot

The Patriot Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    You know its getting bad when the CEO of CR England admits there must be shipping rate rises because of the driver shortage...and to be able to hire a better grade of driver.
    For those that are not aware...companies have been saying "There is no driver shortage" for years now or so but now faced with the reality of what is...they are starting to figure out they better pay up or those loads will sit.
    Bet over the next year we will see drastic rate increases because many older drivers start to retire out between now and Christmas...
    http://www.logisticsmgmt.com/articl...tes_to_help_solve_driver_shortage_top_truckin

dog-c Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I doubt it...England will raise their freight rates maybe but you guarantee they won't raise the pay...

rachi, dog-c, Sneakerfix and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Good luck seeing that money trickle down to the driver.

5. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Naa, they will go to 25.4 cpm per mile..

I was chatting with a England lease op! He runs 2 students at once and avgs 6200 to 7200 miles per week (according to him) and his take home avgs out to about 18-21 cpm after expenses.. My jaw about dropped, but this dude was happy as a clam and really thought he was making awesome money. He also went on to tell me how much of a idiot I was for not wanting to come over to CR England and make some real money...

I was dumb founded and really had no idea how to reply to him other then to shake my head and climb back in my truck.

spectacle13, MJ1657, RERM and 8 others Thank this.
  6. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    I've got three things that say it all

[​IMG]

last but not least....

[​IMG]

mp4694330, T_TRUCKER., dog-c and 4 others Thank this.
  7. Night Prowler

Night Prowler Medium Load Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Temple, Texas
    Even I know that just sucks, It makes me wonder how people think that is good money ?

8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I know you had to do everything you could to keep from falling over laughing at that clown..lol

truckon Thanks this.
  9. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    CR England isn't a trucking company it's a truck dealership. They make their money by stealing it from their drivers by lease. Any extra money comes from the government

10. Inland-Pilot

Inland-Pilot Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Jackson, Ms
    Funny how companies like CR England drive rates to rock bottom and now say there must rate increases to better the trucking industry. If it was even said. Didn't read the article but I have no doubt it was said.

11. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I'd like to know how they juggle 3 people in the truck.....

TB John and freightwipper Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.