Have YOU been cited for a CARB violation?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Guntoter, Jan 29, 2013.

1. bess

bess Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2012
    I'm not going there after all this....and i really don't like to dealing with collectors :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    If there was no law enforcement officer present, I would fight it. CARB agents do not have the authority to detain people. If you need a legal precedent, search for OOIDA vs Minnesota -- the state of MN had civilian DOT inspectors conducting roadside checkpoints and OOIDA got it thrown out.

Cetane+ and bess Thank this.
  4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    I think that had more to do with BS "fatigue checklists" that had nothing to do with whether or not the driver was ACTUALLY fatigued...and then placing the driver OOS and detaining them for 10 hours. I wasn't aware of (or just don't remember) any "civilian inspector" angle to that suit...unless there has been another one against MN?

Gen Z Thanks this.
  5. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    Being carb complient isn't enforced in Cali, we have truck older than dirt here still. And trucks come and go as they please. Maybe after 2023 and that's maybe but I doubt it. There is laws that are not enforced. And reason for that being is. They keep pushing it forward and forward and forward until one day everybody has a carb complient truck and then there will be no reason for enforcing the law.

These thieves know what they're doing. I have a bunch of friends still running 07 and older trucks in n out of Cali as everyone else does that is complient. Until they day they enforce the law they are not buying new trucks.

6. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Why don't you call CARB and see if the fine can be reduced??
    Give them the old sob story off a poor O/O struggling to make ends meat.
    What do you have to lose???

bess and rachi Thank this.
  7. haycarter

haycarter Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Australia
    You got inspected back in November,
    Yet you only got the Fine Last Week (8 Months later)..
    You've been a member here since 2012 & only have a post count of Seven(7)..........Yet you're here asking for legal advice??
    I have My doubts about this...

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  8. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    You can make payments.

9. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Pedigreed Bulldog Thanks this.
  10. bess

bess Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2012
    i really don,t have a much time to seat and writ in here... I just read that PPL need really exempl, if anybody was CITED and if you doubt about i say i can send you this letter from IRB. What did i wrong? to ask here if anybody can give me any advise? sorry for your time....

11. powerhousescott

powerhousescott Medium Load Member

Jun 17, 2015
    Pecuiar, MO
    Paid that BS property tax the first year in business. After that I told KS to kiss off, if they want to collect an additional tax they should do it like, IN, KY, VA, NM, NY, not that I agree with that either. But to ask me to pay property taxes to their state when I don't reside there is ridiculous. They used to send us a bill until I sent them a cease and desist notice based upon taxation without representation in their state. I also stated that the state of Missouri would like to collect taxes on all of the Kansans that come across the border and buy cheaper fuel, oh thats right we do that is called fuel taxes.

California on the other hand knows that they can not enforce their CARB rules on out of state trucks that are solely running interstate. They would like to try but the only ones that I know that have paid any fines are the ones that are running intrastate as well as interstate. Best to just stay away for the state altogether if one can. The OP should just run his older equipment until they issue a citation, then at that juncture decide if he needs to purchase a new truck or not.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.