Heading For Little Rock! Maverick

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by JimTheHut, Feb 2, 2010.

1. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Heading to Andrews Air Force Base for the air show. I will be in hanger 3 if anyone is at the show. We will also have one of our trucks there. Stop by and say hello!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckermania

Truckermania Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Sturgis,SD
    Cool! Have fun!

4. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Got to watch the thunderbirds yesterday.....was very impressive!

SHOJim and bigred81 Thank this.
  5. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Well it has been a bit since I last posted on here. Talking about truck driving schools is not as exciting as writing about my experiences on the road, so I try not to bore you.
    This week I had to take my 2014 Ford Transit to the Madison yard and pick up the older transit and take it to the Little Rock yard where it will be sold. I then got to pick up my brand new 2016 Ford Explorer! It is so nice! I was shocked that they would provide me with such a wonderful vehicle!!
    When i found out that I was going to Little Rock, I asked that if Steve Williams (Founder Of Maverick) was going to be in that week and if I could just swing by and shake his hand and thank him for all that Maverick has done for me. Well he was going to be in and they set me up with a 30 minute meeting with him.
    While waiting to meet him, I also got to meet Steve Selig, President of Maverick. My meeting with Steve Williams was fantastic! He is such a wonderful person. He actually thanked me for taking the time to come down and meet him. I got to spend 45 minutes with him. I walked away understanding why Maverick is the company that it is today and with a deep sense of pride! I am so glad to be part of the Maverick Family!

Road Boss, SHOJim, Flareblitz and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Flareblitz

Flareblitz Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Glad to hear it's going well for you!

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  7. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    My wife never got to go out with me in the truck, but she has been with me this week..She is really enjoying it. She sat in on my presentation last night. The Allstate school in W Mifflin Pa, served a turkey dinner to all of the students and invited us. It was great. The only problem was that they were having a hard time staying awake.....it was the evening class to begin with and then add turkey on top of it....lol. I have one more this morning and then we are heading back to the house for turkey day. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! God Bless!

SHOJim Thanks this.
  8. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! I certainly did! My wife got to ride with me the week of Christmas. We were able to stop in Maryland and she got to see her cousins which she has not seen in over 30 years. We had a great time. I got a personal invite to come stay out on their farm when I am going through. I will definitely take them up on it.
    Got to celebrate my birthday yesterday in New Jersey. Stayed in pleasantville right on the bay, so I had a very nice sunset to watch.
    I will continue to stress to everyone to do your research on Trucking before you decide to go to school and get a CDL. It is not the recruiters fault that you live in an area with high taxes and you do not think you will have enough after taxes.....

Be Safe!

Road Boss and Flareblitz Thank this.
  9. bigred81

bigred81 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
  10. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    It was not far from Hagerstown. We stayed at the Comfort Suites and drove over to an airport and had dinner at the Restaurant. The Restaurant may have actually been in PA. Some lived in PA and some in MD.

11. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    What a great thread.

Congrats on 6 years.

This should be mandatory reading for all newbies.

JimTheHut and bigred81 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.