Heater control light.

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by RandyLAROSE, May 20, 2015.

1. RandyLAROSE

RandyLAROSE Bobtail Member

May 15, 2015
    2009 Star I put new bulbs in the heater control in the cab they still didn't work. I got out the test light and checked for power at the bulbs when I touched the bulb with the test light they worked take the test light away they stop. Bad ground somewhere? Or the heater panel screwed. Why all of a sudden have a grounding issue. I was thinking about running a jumper ground wire to one of the little bulbs to get them to work. But I don't want to Mickey Mouse the wiring. Lol
    But it's driving me crazy at night to see Noooooooo lights in the heater control panel.
    Any ideas?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Star4900

Star4900 Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Northern Ontario
    No idea of the problem, but my new Star does the same as the old one.......you can't seem to keep bulbs in the heater unit......and that little blue switch for the air conditioning......I keep replacing those. They will actually melt right through the switch????

4. RandyLAROSE

May 15, 2015
    I go through a lot of the blue lights as well,i putt new light bulbs in the heater panel not sure why they don't work there is power to them,I'm going to dive into it deeper. Thanks for the reply

5. Star4900

Star4900 Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Northern Ontario
    I noticed one day too mine lit back up for a bit, then went out again. So apparently Western Star has some kind of flaw going on here.

6. RandyLAROSE

May 15, 2015
    They might have lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.