Hey USXpress drivers!

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by sdpetheram, Feb 8, 2016.

1. sdpetheram

sdpetheram Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2013
    First off, all things go well I will be heading to Markham, IL. For orientation (long as my plastic license comes in the mail by Friday.)

2 questions!

U.S. require only 3 years, 5 years or 10 years work history when we fill out the full app in orientation?

More importantly... did I hear they force your route? You can't change the route you take??

Thanks for any clarification and hope to meet some of you on the road!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. taxihacker66

taxihacker66 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
  4. Thegasman

Thegasman Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2015
    Markham is a lovely area...

sdpetheram Thanks this.
  5. sdpetheram

Mar 10, 2013
    Taxi, do you know since youve went to their orientation?

Yeah, not excited for the area, trust me.

6. taxihacker66

taxihacker66 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
    All company's now require 10 work history. I believe its mandated by FMCSA.

sdpetheram Thanks this.
  7. sdpetheram

Mar 10, 2013
    Yeah, I was hearing that. Which is why I'm asking that question. I was fired from a job when I was like 19, which is why that would suck. The odd thing is before they offered orientation they did the background check for 3 years, (employment) odd. Thanks for info!

8. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    You might want to take w-2's with you also, I believe for the last 2-3 years. At least they needed them back in 2008. And it has always been 10 yrs at most companies for job history.

As a company driver, they have the route solution they send with the routes you are supposed to be on, most generally it is what I call cow trails. I doubt if they have changed this method. Back then only 10% of out of route was all that was allowed. They had mentioned charging a $1.00 a mile for each mile out of route, but he never had that done.

Fuel is also sent where you need to fuel. There is a macro you fill out each day when you log in, with the approximate amount of fuel. It has been several years since husband drove for USX, but back then, if for some reason you were running low on fuel and there was not a station in the area, like on 35 going toward Chillicothe, they would approve 50 gals at the local truck stop on a Comchek.

Rule of thumb for winter driving is to not let the tank run low in winter weather.

sdpetheram Thanks this.
  9. sdpetheram

Mar 10, 2013
    Well, I've found out from my recruiter, non driver, 3 years. Already a driver? 10. Weird but acceptable.

NavigatorWife and taxihacker66 Thank this.
  10. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    There's a Lotta non drivers out here.

11. Bro_Dave

Bro_Dave Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2013
    The law is you have to provide 3 years employment history and 10 years for any jobs that you drove and were under DOT rules. Those are the jobs they are required to verify employment on. FYI they will not know if you quit or were fired because companies do not give out that info because they're afraid of lawsuits . Also, when doing your physical, be smart about answering questions.

MzBigTruckz and sdpetheram Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.