Hey USXpress drivers!

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by sdpetheram, Feb 8, 2016.

1. sdpetheram

sdpetheram Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Thanks bro dave. I have a current physical so I won't have to until it expires if I get there on monday.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ziegy

Ziegy Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Elwood, IN
    As far as routing goes, I always choose my own. Sometimes my route matches theirs, sometimes not. As long as you don't take a route that adds excessive miles or time, they're not gonna say anything.

The key is to hit your fuel stop. If you fuel somewhere other than your designated stop, they will hit your paycheck for $25. On the flip side, if for some reason you miss your stop, just contact the fuel dept before you fuel and get permission for the alternate stop & you'll be fine. I've never had them turn me down for an alternate stop.

sdpetheram Thanks this.
  4. sdpetheram

Mar 10, 2013
    Thank you ziegy! How do you enjoy it?

5. Ziegy

Ziegy Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Elwood, IN
    I think USX is overall a good company & I'm happy here. I actually liked OTR and nearly always had good miles (just try to avoid California--took them forever to find me a load to get me out of there). I've been on Amazon Indianapolis Dedicated since August and it's been nice to be home every night (and it pays very well). Unfortunately, they just told us Wednesday that Amazon has decided to bring in their own trucks & drivers to Indy so I'm losing that gig as of March 1. So I'm either gonna go to the Walmart Gas City account or go back OTR--haven't decided which yet.

rgc2005 Thanks this.
  6. sdpetheram

Mar 10, 2013
    Good luck ziegy! Maybe I'll meet ya out on the road... sorry that happened to ya. Least you got some heads up. I heard about that Amazon thing during school.... amazon was crsts selling point when their recruiter came... whoops.

7. JJDrivesOTR

JJDrivesOTR Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Most ask for ten years but verify the past three years only. If this is your first driving job, they will only check your jobs listed on the application. If you've driven before, they have the option of checking ten years back but most will not, they don't have that kind of time.

8. The Patriot

The Patriot Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    Amazon is now largely handled by UPS....real good pay if you go there :)

rgc2005 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.