Hit it hard

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, May 20, 2015.

1. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    So I thought this, might be an interesting thing, granted every company utilizes different tools and serves different customer bases and this that and the other,but what is you're guys weather it be food or LTL strategy for getting through the day?

Here is basically my strategy for trying to save time and make it all work. I get to the yard early and try to get out as early as I can. If I get to the stop and nobody is there yet great even better. I pull my freezer and then I organize my freezer after that.

If I'm in the back of the trailer and I can't find a case or maybe the boxes aren't stacking up quite right to bad I run the load in and start over again. Especially if I can't find a case if I can't find a case I just run it in and come back and take another look.

Sometimes, if I get to a stop and the dock is clogged up I'll pull the ramp and run it, no sense in waiting 15 minutes or longer could have pulled the ramp and got it done, instead of sitting there and waiting.

There's always something you can do keep the trailer organized and collecting the same stops product together it all really helps save time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.