Houston is getting flooded bad.

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by Getsinyourblood, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    I hope no one has to go down there.

The National Weather Service in league city has issued a Flood Warning for: Colorado county in southeastern Texas. Southeastern Washington County in southeastern Texas. Harris County in southeastern Texas. Liberty County in southeastern Texas. Southern Walker County in southeastern Texas. San Jacinto county in southeastern Texas. Waller County in southeastern Texas. Southeastern Grimes County in southeastern Texas. Montgomery County in southeastern Texas. Austin County in southeastern Texas. Fort Bend County in southeastern Texas.
    • Until 12:45 PM CDT Tuesday.
    • At 6:43 AM CDT, while rainfall has ended across the region this morning additional scattered showers and thunderstorms will be possible today. Any additional rainfall may keep flood waters from receding as quickly. Numerous Roads remain closed from the extensive flooding from yesterday. Do not drive into flooded roads.
    • Some locations that will experience flooding include: Pasadena, northern Pearland, Northern League City, Sugar Land. Baytown, Missouri City, Conroe, northern Friendswood, La Porte. Deer Park, Rosenberg, Stafford, South Houston, Bellaire, Brenham. Humble, West University Place, Katy, Western Seabrook and Richmond.
    http://www.google.org/publicalerts/alert?aid=d339254f50f80ba&hl=en&gl=US&source=web

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    I was impressed, in that clip the news reporter actually went to the man's aid instead of watching him drown.

skellr and Getsinyourblood Thank this.
  4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I watched it happen while at home in Houston area..still not over either..northwest and North sides of town are still underwater.

5. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    They are gonna need lots of carpet and wallboard...

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  6. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    This is what happens when you build stuff where it shouldn't be built. Most of the residential areas around Houston used to be bayou/swampland. You need those areas for FLOOD CONTROL. So you start draining those areas and building houses and strip malls and whatnot, this is what happens. 16 years ago my aunt and my cousins were flooded out of their SECOND STORY apartment when Tropical Storm Allison hit. Then a few years later Hurricane Ike came a calling.:confused:

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.