How bad is TMC ?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MSalter1993, Oct 22, 2016.

1. MSalter1993

MSalter1993 Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2016
    I'm transitioning from the military within the next few days. I was offered a job from TMC to continue driving trucks. I just wanted to get info/opinions from anyone that's driven for them or knows anyone that has.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    you might fit right in
    People joke on here TMC, The Marine Corp

4. MSalter1993

Oct 22, 2016
    Lol oh #### .. Everybody says it's like the military .. but no one ever specifies

5. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    Do a tmc search. Lots of reviews. I only know their trucks are speed set around 62mph.

6. MSalter1993

Oct 22, 2016
    Thanks I appreciate it

7. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Thanks for your service young man!!

TMC, Whom is a competior of mine...Has Nice equipment- A shady Sales Staff, And Crumby work ethics.

They Want the Young,Healthy Military Style of Driver, It's easier to manipulate Folks That are Obedient. They will profit out of that handsomely.

If Trucking is your career path...........You will see much Better out to choose from

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    TokyoJoe and MJ1657 Thank this.
  8. MSalter1993

Oct 22, 2016
    Hey, no problem at all. The only issue is.. Every flatbed/bulk company that I've researched has had reviews.. but the bad always outweighs

9. thejackal

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    That was my thought, too...but had no exp. To back it up...

Well, there ya go.

10. thejackal

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    Where do u live?
    What about step deck?
    Landstar always has o/os seeking drivers and LS is not easy to get on with.

11. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    They aren't a real bad choice when it comes to initial training. If you are a safe and good driver, After about 6 months they will start asking you to become a trainer. Understand that your first few months your paychecks will go up and down based on them testing you to see if you can do the job safely, without load claims. You won't get the best paying loads, and regardless when your DM says "that's all I can find" that's B's. Tmc is in the top 10 for amount of freight revenue that they generate. They have freight all over.

As for the being run like the military, I would say no. Harold wants his company run very tight, but not military like. He expects efficiency but safe. The whole idea of stay off the grass or you'll get fired is ########. You won't be fired, but you will be told to get off the grass.

Remember that orientation with tmc is a 2 week job interview, you are being watched the entire time, from the moment that you are picked up from the airport/bus station/rental car return. The hotel you'll be at is owned by tmc, but there will be public guests there as well. Be respectful the whole time and you'll be good.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    PouringBeard and Puppage Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.