How do you report a company to DOT?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Sweet-Sally, Dec 12, 2012.

1. geri mann

geri mann Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Ooidi only helps if u are a member I've tried that route myself

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. geri mann

geri mann Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2014

4. geri mann

geri mann Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Call OSHA ITS UNDER THE SAFE EQUIPMENT.

5. crazyjack

crazyjack Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2013
    As a professional driver you should choose safety, and reject any equipment that is not in compliance. There is plenty of good trucking companies that takes care of equipment and drivers. Good luck.

6. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    I have reported a company in ND for a similar situation.
    The course of action is to file a complaint with OSHA.

"A person may not discharge an employee, or discipline or discriminate against an employee regarding pay, terms, or privileges of employment, because -

(A)

(i) the employee, or another person at the employee's request, has filed a complaint or begun a proceeding related to a violation of a commercial motor vehicle safety or security regulation, standard, or order, or has testified or will testify in such a proceeding; or

(ii) the person perceives that the employee has filed or is about to file a complaint or has begun or is about to begin a proceeding related to a violation of a commercial motor vehicle safety or security regulation, standard, or order;

(B) the employee refuses to operate a vehicle because -

(i) the operation violates a regulation, standard, or order of the United States related to commercial motor vehicle safety, health, or security; or

(ii) the employee has a reasonable apprehension of serious injury to the employee or the public because of the vehicle's hazardous safety or security condition;

(C) the employee accurately reports hours on duty pursuant to chapter 315;

(D) the employee cooperates, or the person perceives that the employee is about to cooperate, with a safety or security investigation by the Secretary of Transportation, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or the National Transportation Safety Board; or

(E) the employee furnishes, or the person perceives that the employee is or is about to furnish, information to the Secretary of Transportation, the Secretary of Homeland Security, the National Transportation Safety Board, or any Federal, State, or local regulatory or law enforcement agency as to the facts relating to any accident or incident resulting in injury or death to an individual or damage to property occurring in connection with commercial motor vehicle transportation.

(2) Under paragraph (1)(B)(ii) of this subsection, an employee's apprehension of serious injury is reasonable only if a reasonable individual in the circumstances then confronting the employee would conclude that the hazardous safety or security condition establishes a real danger of accident, injury, or serious impairment to health. To qualify for protection, the employee must have sought from the employer, and been unable to obtain, correction of the hazardous safety or security condition.

7. iceman32

iceman32 Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2014
    FMCSA Hotline. If you call DOT, you will be given the run around. You need to call the FMCSA because they will file an order 66 to execute.

Im proud to say that I reported on Poland Springs for giving me a 100,000lb load to run during the blizzard.

Poland springs: "Its only 100 miles and we will pay you extra, plus ur truck has got a CAT engine right, its about 45,000lbs"
    Me: "No dumb**s, you guys double stacked it all the way to the ceiling, so i know im overweight".
    Poland springs: "how u know its overweight? Did u weigh it?"
    Me: "If i have to use my laptop, open my peterbilt cmd and tell the computer to feed my truck 2.0g of fuel just to pull when the factory setting is at 0.5g, then we have got a problem".

My route had no weigh stations but when the travel ban was lifted, portable scales on the ground magically appeared ;)

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm personally of the opinion that anyone would think something is wrong with this picture.

Notice the trailer ahead, and mind you this picture was taken at speed.

image.jpeg

9. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/consumer-protection/report-safety-violations

10. fuelman 2

fuelman 2 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2016
    I get payed by the load and if you don't go along with the company by going over your hours and making false log entries , then you don't get the loads. So what do you do when you live in a area that does not have many trucking co. and haul fuel and my company is so bad at these things I'm afraid someone is going to get killed

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.